Quantcast

Yeti price question

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
I'm looking at used ASR-SL (the model with the Ti pivots) with full xtr and a fox talas up front. Cockpit is Ritchey WCS. Anybody have a realistic guess as to what the new, out the door price for such a bike would be? I've poked around on a few web sites, but come up with different numbers... so what do you guys think a bike like this would actually cost?

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
Echo said:
What year is it? I don't think Yeti has sold the AS-R with a full XTR kit for a couple of years.
I think it's a 2003. Haven't seen it yet, so I'm not sure. It's not a kit build, owner (shop employee) built it up.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So, since it was never an option to buy that complete bike, the way to figure out the new price would be to add up the cost of the frame and all the components... right?

J

JRB

Echo said:
So, since it was never an option to buy that complete bike, the way to figure out the new price would be to add up the cost of the frame and all the components... right?
Yes - stop posting and get to calculating. :D

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
loco said:
Yes - stop posting and get to calculating. :D
yeah yeah yeah, I've been doing that, but I don't know the details of ALL the components, plus I assume that if you were to buy an entire bike , you'd end up with a better deal than the advertised price...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
When I built my '03 AS-R SL up with full '03 XTR Disc, Thomson stem and post, Easton Carbon bars, Terry Fly Ti saddle, '03 Crossmax wheels and a Rock Shox Psylo w/U-Turn a couple of years ago, the out-the-door full-pop retail total was in the neighborhood of $5600-5800. Now, most shops that I have dealt with that do "custom builds" like this will usually take the full retail total of all the parts they used, and then knock 10-15% or so off the top as a "complete bike" price or whatever.

In your case, the ti pivots were definitely '03, so you could potentially push that shop for a little more off since it's an "older" model. Not that the ride is gonna be compromised at all (not even a little bit) compared to the newer, carbon-pivot ones, or even the brand SPANKIN' new carbon stay models.

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
Full Trucker said:
When I built my '03 AS-R SL up with full '03 XTR Disc, Thomson stem and post, Easton Carbon bars, Terry Fly Ti saddle, '03 Crossmax wheels and a Rock Shox Psylo w/U-Turn a couple of years ago, the out-the-door full-pop retail total was in the neighborhood of $5600-5800. Now, most shops that I have dealt with that do "custom builds" like this will usually take the full retail total of all the parts they used, and then knock 10-15% or so off the top as a "complete bike" price or whatever.

In your case, the ti pivots were definitely '03, so you could potentially push that shop for a little more off since it's an "older" model. Not that the ride is gonna be compromised at all (not even a little bit) compared to the newer, carbon-pivot ones, or even the brand SPANKIN' new carbon stay models.
thanks for the info. I'm actually looking at a used bike (owned by a mechanic at a friend's shop) and I'm simply looking for a baseline to evaluate his price. I appreciate your input.

J

JRB

grundy said:
yeah yeah yeah, I've been doing that, but I don't know the details of ALL the components, plus I assume that if you were to buy an entire bike , you'd end up with a better deal than the advertised price...
I meant for echo to do it. :thumb: