Quantcast

Yeti RDH

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I searched and there was nothing recent.
They are out in the retail world now.
The price is pretty frickin' sweet for a bike being raced at World Cups.
Any monkey reviews?

I read the Dirt review and it left me thinking that the large was running on the small side. The TT measurement seemed so far off that they must be measuring it differently than most.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I have a review sitting on my desktop that I haven't gotten around to finishing yet. I'll probably finish it up after I get back from Bootleg.

Quick summary -

- I've had mine since last July; 0 reliability issues.
- Frame is well thought out and built. They put on bearing caps where they could, the shock is well protected from crud, geometry adjust eccentric is beefy, hardware is solid etc
- Rear end is stiff.
- Rear suspension is very predictable, ramps up similar to your fork - linear.
- Pedals well, not amazing but better then average.
- Poppy for a DH bike, on the flip side it's not as supple in it's initial travel. See linear comment above.
- Sucks up big bumps very well due to the same linear trait (doesn't ramp up a ton towards the end of its travel).
- Geometry adjustments are useable so far. I've mostly used the 64 HA setting but have been thankful to have the 64.5 setting for some tighter tracks. I haven't had to use the 65 setting, so I've only tested it in the parking lot. It can be a little tricky getting at the bolts that loosen the eccentric with a multi-tool. The tool body likes to hit the reservoir, so it's an insert-turn-remove-insert-turn-remove type procedure.
- I use an adjustable stem so I can swap stem lengths when I change geometry; I've found this to be necessary personally.
- My medium's geo runs true to Yeti's posted numbers on their site
- Stock DHX feels better tuned for the frame then any other stock frame/DHX combo I've ever tried, but I still look forward to getting it MX Tuned.
- Corners nicely. The BB is low, but could probably get away with being even lower considering the linear rate (30% shock sag doesn't use up as much travel).
- Adjustable drop-outs would be nice so you could run the chainstays longer for some tracks.
- Rail is very easy to maintain, although the syringe grease tool Yeti gives you sucks.

Dawson308

Chimp
May 14, 2008
Roseville, CA
Agree with pretty much everything Gurp said. I have had my 2010 for about 6 weeks and I love it. I am 5'11 and ride a Med. and it feels perfect to me. I weight about 175ish in my riding gear and found that I had to swap the spring on the RC4 out for a 350 to get close to 30 percent sag. Since I did that it feels awesome. Only issue I have had with the bike is that with the Fox 40, the lower crown comes very close to touching the down tube when at full lock on either side. The way the brake hose is routed on the down tube, it comes up along the side of the frame near the top and there is potential for the brake hose to get pinched between the down tube and the lower crown. I think the tapered head tube on my frame could make this more of an issue than with a non-tapered head tube frame. I pinched my rear brake hose during a crash last weekend. I have since replaced the brake hose and added some tube to the bumpers to give them more stand off from the frame. I also put a stick on hose guide under the frame to keep the brake hose under the bottom of the down tube, but it seems to be coming loose already. I heard of one other person having this problem so I think it might be fairly common. It's not that big of a deal and easy prevent. I highly recommend this bike.