Quantcast

Yeti/SC/IronHorse Questions

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
So I've been a bit out of the loop for the past few months (think jungles of Africa out of the loop) and was wondering if someone could fill me in on a few things:

1) Yeti: I was trying to look up their Interbike stuff from this year but couldn't find anything. Were they not at IB? What's the word on their new downhill bike? When will it be available?

2) Santa Cruz: What's the verdict on the new V10? Does it ride differently with the geometry changes? Is it really much lighter? Overall impressions?

3) Iron Horse: Does anyone have a Sunday yet? What are people thinking about this bike?

It looks like I'm finally going to collect some insurance on my yeti (which was stolen back in August) so as soon as I return to civilization I'll be in the market for a new ride. If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Noo-B ;)

Yeti ETA? Who knows

SC v-10? New HT makes it quicker. 21 seconds quicker according to Towne ;)

IH? Everyone that got on one at IB LOVED them. I tries that and the 7point, and will be buying a 7point for my next trail bike.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. I'm in Africa right now.... in the rainforest. Internet is via sattelite hookup. It's limited, expensive, and so slow that browsing through a mountain of backlogged pages on RM would take weeks. It's taken me 15 minutes just to get on and post this. Anyway, I was hoping someone could just leave a few thoughts on each bike. I want to have some idea of what I want to get so that I can put in an order as soon as I return to civilization.

Stoney, thanks for the offer, I may call you when I get back to the bay area.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
911 said:
Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. I'm in Africa right now.... in the rainforest. Internet is via sattelite hookup. It's limited, expensive, and so slow that browsing through a mountain of backlogged pages on RM would take weeks. It's taken me 15 minutes just to get on and post this. Anyway, I was hoping someone could just leave a few thoughts on each bike. I want to have some idea of what I want to get so that I can put in an order as soon as I return to civilization.

Stoney, thanks for the offer, I may call you when I get back to the bay area.
Crazy, you need to take a picture of your setup...... Surfin the web from the African Rainforest?? not many people can claim that one.

Sorry, cant help on your Q's.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Alright, I don't have anything to do at work so I'll search for you

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98955&highlight=yeti+303

New yeti thread. Lot's 'o pics so I'm not sure if you'll want to read the whole thing. Krispy rode it. Crazy linkage. Everyone is worried about the "rails" bending or getting clogged with mud.

There is some info on the go-ride sit too.
It will probably load faster as there aren't any pics, just drawings

http://www.go-ride.com/prod_frames_yeti.html

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94489

Review of el jefe's new v10
He likes it. Claims it is much faster than the old one.

I don't think any consumers have there hands on a Sunday yet.

I think you should by a new DHR or maybe a used BB7 ;)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
where in "africa" ... rainforest & jungles doesn't quite narrow it down... :(