Quantcast

YETI signs Tyler "Super T" Klassen

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I don't personally know Tyler but I saw him ride in person at the 2002 rampage. Between he and Cedric there was little separation but from there it was pretty obvious who was comfortable on the course. Tyler rode up to the drops with speed and didn't look squirrely searching for his lines, everybody around me commented that he looked smoothest on the course after his first run then he plopped down his second run that even put the first to shame. Maybe he's not the fastest guy, maybe he can't do a bunch of poser X-games tricks but he seems confidant and when it comes to linking drops and jumps together he flows alot more than other riders.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
why in the hell did this become a super-t bashing thread? i dont understand. he has always been one of my favorite riders. He seems chill and confident and he goes big. To top it off the guy hauls some serious ass down the trails in bc and he can ride street well. I seriously doubt there are to many people on here that could out perform the guy on even their best days.

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
stuper t is an awesome rider,no one can take that from him. we can sit here and judge his style, but he will still out perform anyone on this board.PERIOD.

i've talked to him before,along with dangerous dan,and they are very level-headed guys.just all around cool and fun to talk to as well.

he may be getting 'paid in peanuts' from his bike manufacturing sponsor,but he is also sponsored by Fox Clothing,let us not forget.the last time i remember hearing what some of the riders from Fox get paid,it wasn't exactly an elephant's salary.

i wonder if they're gonna let him have one of those new Fox Clothing Special Edition H2's. barf.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
Rennie was made to ride a yeti DH bike. Tyler belongs on a banshee
Dude, that is the most meaningful and truthful allegation I've ever read on ridemonkey. Thankx!!

mike425

Monkey
Apr 16, 2004
dexter said:
damn yeti is going huge this year. i agree with chomps. he goes big, has no style and looks squirly as hell whenever he tries to add his horrible style to anything. remember guys not one single dh9 has broken since they went to the mono version 3 or 4 years ago thats a damn good track record
There was a pic of one that had cracked at the headtube area on one of the british dh forums, so they deffo dont have an unblemished record

mike

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
well im guessing that that guy hit something very hard (bike rack to garage maby) to cause that. Iv been riding for yeti for 4 years untill next season and have a very close relationship to the factory (seeing as its 20min from my house) the dh9 has one of the beefiest headtubes out there and was designed to not fail under any conditions. Isolated instances.

ohhhh and dave camp you suck you just wish you had a yeti. when rennie cracked that asx he was wayyy up there.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Super T is a pretty skilled rider and can do some amazing stuff. He doesn't have much style in the air though he always does this weird body movement thing which is kinda dumb. But he definetly is a skilled rider who can do some good stuff.

...but steve romaniuk is better :p

flow

Chimp
May 6, 2003
Vancouver
Don't get me wrong he's a talented rider and has big ballas but...How many times can you watch someone hump their bar over a 50ft double?

Super T + Kranked 5 = Worst segment ever

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
sure, super t goes big.

He also has wack style. I do not enjoy watching him ride.

Rennie was made to ride a yeti DH bike. Tyler belongs on a banshee
couldnt have said it better myself :thumb:

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
dhtahoe said:
Do I smell a company gets huge team... company goes out of business. In the air. Seems like we have a bunch of slow learners in this industry.

I was told that the team was pretty much there marketing budget for the year. They're not going to do much else. Let race pics in the mags be their ads. Judgeing from what Pros are making these days, there really not spending that much coin.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Zutroy said:
I was told that the team was pretty much there marketing budget for the year. They're not going to do much else. Let race pics in the mags be their ads. Judgeing from what Pros are making these days, there really not spending that much coin.
Still costs a hell of alot to go AND be at a race. The bigger the team the more it costs.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
dhtahoe said:
Still costs a hell of alot to go AND be at a race. The bigger the team the more it costs.

Yeah it does cost a fair amount to race. Although just to race the NORBA circuit isen't to-to bad, which I do beleive is what Yeti is doing. Fox is going to pick up the tab in Europe. Back in the day, we had a budget of about 50K to play with for NA races.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Zutroy said:
Yeah it does cost a fair amount to race. Although just to race the NORBA circuit isen't to-to bad, which I do beleive is what Yeti is doing. Fox is going to pick up the tab in Europe. Back in the day, we had a budget of about 50K to play with for NA races.
You call between 2-3k per race for a pit space not bad at a NORBA I want to know what you think high is. Other than the person setting that rate.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
dhtahoe said:
You call between 2-3k per race for a pit space not bad at a NORBA I want to know what you think high is. Other than the person setting that rate.

What NORBA charges is a whole other issue. I was thinking not bad compared to a print ad based marketing program. Bang for the buck having good racers on your bike does more good, than an awesome looking ad.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
It wiil be good to see if that rig holds up. Yeti and the CAD program seem to think it will. Of all the bike to come out in awhile this one has the most to prove to it's customers. Just hope they havn't bitten off to much. A new product line, huge team, unproven bikes. That's a huge risk on Yeti's part for sure.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
dhtahoe said:
It wiil be good to see if that rig holds up. Yeti and the CAD program seem to think it will. Of all the bike to come out in awhile this one has the most to prove to it's customers. Just hope they havn't bitten off to much. A new product line, huge team, unproven bikes. That's a huge risk on Yeti's part for sure.

It is a huge risk, but that's been Yeti's style. Yeti's rep is based on racing. If you wanna look at a sucess story using this model, look at Ironhorse, no one took them seriously 3 years ago.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
priceseliger14 said:
So does this mean all the "flow riders" will be riding one also or with they be sticking with the ASX?

As in Dangerous Dan Cowan and the Flowriders? I got to talk to him this past Sunday and he said the Flowriders are no longer sponsored by Yeti. He is currently shopping, trying to line up a bike sponsor.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
dexter said:
the dh9 has one of the beefiest headtubes out there and was designed to not fail under any conditions
Ohh yeh... Graves hit a tree at last Nationals round, must've hit it pretty damn hard too... what gave in first? Not the stanchions on the DH40, not the headtube, but the top crown... :eek: That's a strong front end!