Quantcast

Yeti special tool

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
When I was working with Damion and the Yeti team, D had a modified steel punch to guide the shock bolts back through the frame, slider and shock bushings.

It worked by having a steel rod (the punch) the same size in diameter as the shock bolt, but was threaded on one end (for the shock bolt to screw into slightly) and tapered on the other. This allowed the tapered end to line the 6 holes up for the bolt to be inserted easily. Then the modified punch was removed. It made for much easier shock replacement.

Does anyone have any idea how to get one of these tools? Get a machinist to make one perhaps? Is there anything currently on the market (non-mtb) similar?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Nope, thats a rear linkage tool. I'm after the shock bolt tool. It was a specially made one as far as I know, not sold on the Yeti website.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
did you try and email yeti and see what they say? did your buddy say how hard it was to make the tool he used?
and do you have a picture?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I just called them direct.

Had my tool in about a week. Its a main stay in my tool kit

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Here's D with the tool in question:

http://yeticycles.com/#/videovault/Tips/2007PT303P3/

The Yeti 'pin'. And I see it's not threaded as I remembered, but just milled out to fit inside the shock bolt.

Anyways, I see it's something that needs to be fabricated for me, so cheers for the help.

If there are any monkies with access to a metal lathe, I'll pay you for one of these.

Here's my best MS Paint pic:

Last edited: