Quantcast

Yeti updated their site

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I used to want a Nomad real bad, but lately, that 575 has been calling my name. No matter. Im at least a year out from affording anew bike, but it never hurts to drool.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
BurlyShirley said:
I used to want a Nomad real bad, but lately, that 575 has been calling my name. No matter. Im at least a year out from affording anew bike, but it never hurts to drool.
while I'm sure the Nomad is a nice ride, the 575 is a KILLER bike. Built it up nice and light and it can race, bolt on burly parts and it can handle some really gnarly stuff. I can't say enough good about this bike.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hell yeah! Another vote for the 575... I think the Nomad is a little more on the "burly" side of things, but with the right parts spec a 575 can really get the job done. There's a kid in CO that's got his set up pretty stoutly, and he's racing mountain cross and riding DH at Vail (he lives there) on it regularly with no problems.

I just swapped out the RP3 on the rear of mine for a DHX Air... oooooh MONEY is what I'm saying! I haven't ridden it yet (just made the swap last night) but already it feels better (stiffer) for my 210# self. Gotta love that business!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
jacksonpt said:
I soooo need one of these...

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Had one, sold it, getting another. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my 4X but sometimes a fella just needs a hardtail you know?

Although, I got a peak at the NEW 4X that's going into production, and it's HOT... mine uses AS-X tubing in the front triangle with really beefy box stays in the rear, and it's a STOUT frame. The new production proto that I saw yesterday uses 575 tubing for the front triangle with only lightly modified rear end, still really boxy and such... saves about 2 lbs off the frame weight and is still plenty strong enough...