Quantcast

Yikes!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
No, not at all... It’s just a Fanboy that looks like him riding a Demo. The Number is a sure sign of this, because if it where Hill it would be all perfect and no mud on it because he’s to fast for mud to even stick to him......:imstupid::cheers:
that... and the number plate would read 001!!! :imstupid: too!!!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Is he sponsored by maxxis? specialized should probably get on top of making a tire he's willing to run, it'd probably sell better then whatever it is they have now.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
hhhhhmmmm the Specialized 'Chunder'

The Chunder was designed to be our most versatile DH tire ever, with reinforced dual ply casing to stiffen the sidewall, preventing pinch flats and improving cornering ability.

Casing: 60 TPI
420/D1 Control Casing increases puncture and cut resistance
Compound: 60a
Dual ply casing
Bead: Aramid
PSI: 25-50

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
The Chunder actually isn't that bad of a tire. It seems to do better when its loose and dusty.

However the new Clutch is grippy. Actually that is my only complaint is that it is too grippy. I am more used to tires that drift in a predictable manner. Which the DHF does well. The Clutch just holds too well.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Is he sponsored by maxxis? specialized should probably get on top of making a tire he's willing to run, it'd probably sell better then whatever it is they have now.

I can't figure out why this is still so hard to understand, it's only been stated a few dozen times. Hill and Fairclough ride for the Monster Energy team, not the Specialized team. Specialized is (most likely) the new frame sponsor of the Monster Energy team, there is no reason to believe any of their other sponsors will change as a result. It's no different from the Specialized/Decline Team America program: Specialized supplied the frames, other companies supplied everything else.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
The Chunder sideknobs are STIFF. Way stiffer than the Maxxis knobs. That said, they cut amazing through sandy/silty crap, but they tend to "stand up" on hardpack since the knobs don't modulate at all.

If I remember right, Specialized had a warranty going on for the tires for some time that stated a warranty replacement if the sideknobs tore off.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
I can't figure out why this is still so hard to understand, it's only been stated a few dozen times. Hill and Fairclough ride for the Monster Energy team, not the Specialized team. Specialized is (most likely) the new frame sponsor of the Monster Energy team, there is no reason to believe any of their other sponsors will change as a result. It's no different from the Specialized/Decline Team America program: Specialized supplied the frames, other companies supplied everything else.
Every year a new susp. design for Brandog - sp ,dw and now fsr......

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...you know it's an Aussie race when there's 4ft. sections of re-bar sticking straight up out of the ground... you learn better bike-handling skillz OR you learn to breathe through a gaping hole in your chest cavity... either way - that sh!t will harden you the F@#% up.

:biggrin:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Who cares? Do you really think "contracts" in mtb mean that much? People are going to go where the money is, and its a real question of whether or not specialized would want hill riding their tires. Guarantee that if specialized wanted to replace maxxis as the tire sponsor and Hill was willing to ride them, Maxxis would be gone. I doubt they'd even try to fight it.