Quantcast

Yippie, found this today

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
So were doing Inventory prep today at Cycelry, and I got the wonderfull task of counting up the parts drawers, you know axles, bearing cones, bearings Etc. And what do I find, a 10m x 1 Ti rear Solid Axle!!!!!! Needled to say, it has been put aside for myself so I can pick it up after Inventory is done!!!!! Hopefully I will have it installed by Next week!!!!! We will see though, Im not a fan of overhauling hubs right before teh race

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
is it theft if the axle wasn't in inventory when found?

we just did a repair inventory...ended up parting out a bike that had been left at the shop for years (many, many calls to the customer, all documented, don't worry). i walked away with D/A cranks, cassette, STIs, and post. yea for shop finds.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I would think not, We usually use stuff like that for The donation bikes. That or we will peice together what we can, and sell them as a used bike. With that said, it is right on our repair orders that after 90 days blah blah blah, you may no longer have your bike

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
I would think not, We usually use stuff like that for The donation bikes. That or we will peice together what we can, and sell them as a used bike. With that said, it is right on our repair orders that after 90 days blah blah blah, you may no longer have your bike
Yeah, we threaten but have only followed through twice. Last September we put a repair bike out on the Used Bikes rack that had been there since December. The following that customer comes in asking for his bike. Oops.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Yeah we usually give them one last phone call, It scares me how many times I hear someone say"Oh tahts right, I forgot I took my bike to you guys, I wondered were I left it....."

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
We had someone leave a pretty nice Voodoo mountain bike at the shop for 3-4 months. The owner leads a mountain bike ride out of the shop on Mondays, and one day his bike was out of comission, so he decided to take the Voodoo, which had originally been his bike. He figured he'd ride it, then bring it back and clean it up, and nobody would be the wiser. Well, he returned from the ride, with the bike pretty muddy, to discover that the owner was waiting to pick the bike up. :poster_oops: The owner was cool about it though, and the owner cut him a break on the repair costs, so everything was OK.