Quantcast

Y'know who looks good after this hurricane?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Giuliani.

Between Bush strumming a guitar yesterday, the governor breaking up on tv, and the mayor not getting much done, it really brings to light how important it was to have someone who didn't have his head up his ass in 2001 take charge.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Changleen said:
Well, it helps things go smooth when you can plan ahead. :p
Is that why he put his OEM center across the street from the WTC? :confused:

Seriously, I thought a lot about 9/11 and Katrina. It is hard to compare the two events. While Giuliani did an amazing job, there were zero survivors and almost no casulties to deal with. Even if you factor in search and rescue, the whole thing wrapped up in two weeks, with just the clean up which only affect a 10 block radius.

Katrina had a couple of days of evacuation, a day of the hurricane, and now 3 days of post hurricane flooding. In a week or so, the evacuees will be returning to destroyed roads and homes.

I don't know Ray Nagin that well, but it is hard to compare the two tragedies. Would you want Giuliani running the show, of course, but the cities are different and so are the problems.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh, this thread isn't about what I thought it was going to be about.

I was going to say "Scarlett Johannsen," but, then again, she looked good before the hurricane, too.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
sanjuro said:
but it is hard to compare the two tragedies. Would you want Giuliani running the show, of course, but the cities are different and so are the problems.
Exactly. Unless I was one of the pawns due to be sacrificed, I'd rather be a piece in a Giuliani plan than Mr. Crying on camera's sh1at.