Quantcast

Yo Crashing_Sux

I got the opportunity to meet this monkey and see his sexy ride (BMXman why did you get rid of it?)

Yo man it was good to meet you.
I got severly concussed today.. so bad did I crash that I have partial paralysis of my upper chest and shoulder. I got back on the horse though and sent it a few times working on my crossups.. got them dialed except to the left I rub the tire on my foot.... but to the right they are perfect.. and to the left they are good enough.. I even no footered one. (not on purpose though).

Aline was in amazing shape as was Dirt Merchant.. so any of you monkeys who are heading up here PM me and we will meet up I may be able to show you some sick stuff in Pembie and Squamish..
I hope all of you had as good a day as I had.. (without the injuries)..
Peace..
:cool:

Um.. roasted.. I live here.
with you.. I am Canadian too.. I live in Pembie.. I work for the events dept. at Whistler.. and ride there and Squish and the shore all the time.
(and of course here in Pembie too.)
Were you out on Sat? I was riding with a couple of heavys from Spokane, Mike and Grant, and my peeps from Whizz.
I crashed on Aline right by the rock drop.. I was doing the go around and the jump below the rock drop I went fast into and was doing a cross up but overshot the landing tranny by around 12 feet.. could not save it.. went over the bars hard.
Such is life..
I am gonna ride again today.. but gingerly.. the doc said I tore some nerves in my neck which is why I have a complete loss of sensation in my upper left side.
I am gonna ride River.. and **** happens and some of those others.. and then maybe head to the park for a bit..
PM me and we can ride sometime.

(btw if you saw me I was lying unconcious there on Aline.. I was riding a black 24 Letoy III with DJ2s and 24" wheels.)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by shootr
Um.. roasted.. I live here.
with you.. I am Canadian too.. I live in Pembie.. I work for the events dept. at Whistler.. and ride there and Squish and the shore all the time.
(and of course here in Pembie too.)
Were you out on Sat? I was riding with a couple of heavys from Spokane, Mike and Grant, and my peeps from Whizz.
I crashed on Aline right by the rock drop.. I was doing the go around and the jump below the rock drop I went fast into and was doing a cross up but overshot the landing tranny by around 12 feet.. could not save it.. went over the bars hard.
Such is life..
I am gonna ride again today.. but gingerly.. the doc said I tore some nerves in my neck which is why I have a complete loss of sensation in my upper left side.
I am gonna ride River.. and **** happens and some of those others.. and then maybe head to the park for a bit..
PM me and we can ride sometime.

(btw if you saw me I was lying unconcious there on Aline.. I was riding a black 24 Letoy III with DJ2s and 24" wheels.)
No I wasn't out. (I boguht the bighit at the end of last season and still haven't been 'dhilling'...in june I hope to get up) Still nursing my hamstring. Can do xc but I end up taking 3 days off afterwards.

I didn't realize you lived here, gotta say your the first canadian I have ever seen in your face sucka ;)

I really wanna ride in squish sometime but I ride 100% of the time in whistler. I live within 5 minutes of the 1st entrance to river so I hit that up often.

We will have to hook up for a ride sometime. I always like riding with people more experience then me. :)...

Ya. I am also nursing a leg injury or two.. I had ACL surgery in Feb.. and tore my hamstring skiing in march.. so it is not perfect yet.
good luck with that.. we def. should ride sometime. I just got back from River like ten min ago.
Peace.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Ya. I am also nursing a leg injury or two.. I had ACL surgery in Feb.. and tore my hamstring skiing in march.. so it is not perfect yet.
good luck with that.. we def. should ride sometime. I just got back from River like ten min ago.
Peace.
Nice...I am gonna do a run on section 2 of river on wednesday. My cousin just got a bike and I am touring him around to get a feel for the trails. At this point it seems like I can ride every 3 days or so.

Damn, you are having some issues with the legs. Definately living the play hard lifestyle....

And if crashing ever joins this, I am good to ride, we should definately hook up for a ride. I was able to do all of the single track in emerald forest and all of the single track in lost lake pretty easily. (the next day was definately painful)...Feel like a spin?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Peace.
Heya darlin...I heard bout your ouches received yesterday...take care of you!

Well Roasted, I am not really much of an XC type rider.. I have a single speed LeToy3.. not a great trail bike.
I like stunts.. jumps.. and going downhill.
Jumps being my predominant fascination.
But I am down for just about anything.
so let me know.
Peace..
and Jr.. thanks..

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Well Roasted, I am not really much of an XC type rider.. I have a single speed LeToy3.. not a great trail bike.
so let me know.
Peace..
and Jr.. thanks..

UMMMM they make this thing called PM's.... maybe you guys should find out what it is and USE IT! ;)

Oh and don't ride with that Roasted guy he's one of the meanist guys around! He takes you to the bars and buys you cheap beer so you get super sick in the morning. :D

Hey Slc.. are you the guy who hates it when you are in a room and other people are having conversations.. ones you can actually hear?... Do you believe that all communications should happen behind closed doors.?

(BTW I am just joking around;) ..

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
so let me know.
Peace..
and Jr.. thanks..
You took that the wrong way. I am just taking it easy for my hamstring. I tried pushing it the other day and restrained it. I think I need some xc just to help the healing. If you ever meet me, my size really doesn't facilitate xc riding in the least (unless it is really slow xc) :D...Crashing wanted to join me for xc to help rehab his knee...

I like shore stunts and am now getting into catching air. When all is good I plan to start dhing too :)

nice bike btw :)

Just cause you can't hold your alcohol doesn't mean I am a meanie..just means you are used to water ;)...

Yo roasted.. we def. have to ride this weekend.

You guys should think about maybe coming up to Pembie even.. some flowy singletrack with about 2500ft of descent (and if you like it an ascent as well.. but I shuttle it usually.) We don't have a whole lot in terms of Dirt Jumps (though I have seen pics of some..just don't know their location)

Pm me for my number.
You guys can crash at my pad.

Ps.. My head is still ringing from my crash this weekend.. and I have a black eye, bruised tounge.. and some paralysis.. but I should be alot better by the weekend.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Yo roasted.. we def. have to ride this weekend.

You guys should think about maybe coming up to Pembie even.. some flowy singletrack with about 2500ft of descent (and if you like it an ascent as well.. but I shuttle it usually.) We don't have a whole lot in terms of Dirt Jumps (though I have seen pics of some..just don't know their location)

Pm me for my number.
You guys can crash at my pad.

Ps.. My head is still ringing from my crash this weekend.. and I have a black eye, bruised tounge.. and some paralysis.. but I should be alot better by the weekend.
Do you work straight weeks? Unfortunately the main reason I don't ride with people is my weekend is Wednesday/Thursday...(whistler life)...We should definately hook up for a ride. BTW have you done trainwreck lately...I have never hit it and have heard good things (I don't get past the cay much as river, cut yer bars and mels dilema are all super close)

I thought pemby had a massive dirt jump park. Damn can't find the link.

I do now.. I was off for the past three months because of the Knee.. now I am back to work.. damn

Ya I have heard all sorts of stuff regarding the Pembie DJs.. except where in the hell they are.

I rode Train wreck not long ago.. there is alot of new stuff.. someone is building a very nice drop/stepup/drop line on the boxcars.. as well as a new gap jump line..

everything is in super shape.. however I did not hit any of the drops from the box cars as I am a bit of a wus still about my knee and doing drops on the HT..

I have also regeared my SS hardtail to make it more suitable for DJing.. which unfortunately makes it less suitable for trail riding.. (too tall a gear now), but a FS bike is just around the corner.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Well I am sure we can arrange a hookup for a ride at some point. Or at the very least some beer. haha

Yeah my buddy taylor is a ht rider too and he was telling me that trainwreck is in great shape.

Since you are a djer have you been to the djs in function...they are a little hidden but they sure look impressive, haven't hit them myself though (I have only started djing recently so I haven't progressed that far)

Pm me this weekend (the real weekend). Maybe after work we can go for a ride or something :)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I wonder if it is the same Taylor I know
.243.. old Marz fork.
currently jobless....
wait that sounds like most of Whistler.!!
No... thats him. I believe he has or is going to upgrade to a 888. Used to work for the whistler lodging co, got fired then hired at IGA and then quit...

He also has a hookup with 243 too...same guy?

Hahahhaha.. Ya that's T-Bizzle..
You must also know Kevin Hardiman and Landry as well then..
and probably Pat Henry (AKA "bong boy")

Jeeze.. I am suprised we haven't met.. or maybe we have and I am too concussed to remember.

I am the photographer guy.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Probably not. I don't think you are that concussed. I worked with him for a year...partied a few times with him and his gf. Never actually rode with him. Kept meaning too but just never happened...

I was actually planning on buying a 243 through him but haven't seen him since he quit IGA...

If you see him tell him Mark from WLC in systems says hi. It always amazes me how small this town really is :)

Cheers

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
I didn't realize people still used the lounge, would have completely missed this thread if Roasted hadn't mentioned it to me.

I'm up for hitting Pemberton. Maybe if I beg real nice you'd let me throw a leg over that Le Toy Shootr? It's drool worthy.

Ya for sure you can try out my Toy.

I am totally down with that.

Iam searching for the Pembie DJs too.. I have a friend who knows peeps from this hood and he is asking them tonight. He just bought a bike so he is all about jumping too.

Were you both out this weekend?.. I ate it on Aline, hit a tree mid air.. pretty fast (30k), I may have a few broken ribs.. if they pain does not subside I will get xrays.

Ya T was with me on Sunday and Monday filming on Dirt Merchant.
PM me when you guys want to come up here.. I will arrange shuttles.
and I prob. have space for overnight crashes.. I have a couple of couches and a spare room.

I am starting to collect parts to put together an FS bike again. I miss the comfort and luxury.. in my old age ya know.

:D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I can't actually ride weekends. The only days I am gonna be able to get up are wed and thursday...At leas until extended hours :)

Bummer about the ribs...those take forever to heal.