Yo Evil, where you at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
When did the Commies take over Taiwan???? :eek:
Its not that China took them over which they could do in maybe a day. But the effect of China's government earlier last week agreeing to allow unions and what that will do to Taiwan. Having a neighbor that all of a sudden OK's unions and wages begin to rise will have an effect on Taiwan's wages for sure.

Will be interesting to see what bears out with possible hikes on Tariff Taxes coming into the USA down the road.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I talked with Gabe a couple days ago, he's pinned but there.
yeah, we finally got back in contact with each other last night.
we are all holding our collective breaths

if theres no frames, whats "pinning" him down?

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Epic trail system out the back door?
Massive amounts of work. Gaber has been broken on and off for a few months! The man works more than anyone I have ever met. There is a LOT to do when a company only has a few employees... lots of vendors to deal with, lots of production things to deal with. It's a small company.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Massive amounts of work. Gaber has been broken on and off for a few months! The man works more than anyone I have ever met. There is a LOT to do when a company only has a few employees... lots of vendors to deal with, lots of production things to deal with. It's a small company.
communication would be nice. particularly to customers who have been in the dark.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I am considering getting a revolt as soon as some finances settle -- anyone want to try to convince me either way?

I already have some feedback from IH8Rice and some of his fellow Delta's, and some from Todd before he moved on over to GT....

eh?

Banzai ~jokes!

Ryzo

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
I am considering getting a revolt as soon as some finances settle -- anyone want to try to convince me either way?

I already have some feedback from IH8Rice and some of his fellow Delta's, and some from Todd before he moved on over to GT....

eh?

Banzai ~jokes!
Is that a joke? I think you would be mental to put money down on a frame. Sure wait and see if they can get themselfs or there suppliers sorted out then start looking for opinions on the revised frame, until then forget about it.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Well, I can't comment on that. I can say however, that I have personally watched Gabe answer customer emails and phonecalls late into the night on many occasions.
and I personally, 100%, appreciate the evening emails that he has sent me, but as you can see from this thread and others like in on the internets, people are beginning to worry and get frustrated. i am one as well

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Is that a joke? I think you would be mental to put money down on a frame. Sure wait and see if they can get themselfs or there suppliers sorted out then start looking for opinions on the revised frame, until then forget about it.
I never 'put down money', that is a trap in any arena, and the result of wishful thinking. If they become available, I buy one (potentially).

IH8Rice: You basically said that you felt they had worked out the problems but basically said 'whats gonna happen next', then said it rode awesome! Availability is what it is, I never gripe about these things, just make sure I know what I'm getting into. I also have feedback from Simon Lawton and Zeb Tingey - both giant dudes that ride XL Revolts.

They come up with the next rev? I'm in! (Unless I convince Doc to build me a custom Silencer -- which is also a wait/maybe never aside from the no customs....)

Those are the only 2 options that appeal to me now, 99% of bikes dont fit 6'8" guys, and I'm a bit over my VPFree.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
IH8Rice: You basically said that you felt they had worked out the problems but basically said 'whats gonna happen next', then said it rode awesome! Availability is what it is, I never gripe about these things, just make sure I know what I'm getting into. I also have feedback from Simon Lawton and Zeb Tingey - both giant dudes that ride XL Revolts.
the bike does ride great. especially with the CCDB on it.
the hardware issue was resolved on later models (i think) or for people who had issues with theirs breaking (like me.)
and now the new ones purportedly have gussets at the problem area.
if the 2011's (or whatever year they will be called,) have all of the new revisions, then id say go for it.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
BTW as an aside, i can 100% guarantee you that emailing info@evil-bikes.com will get you faster service than complaining about it on ridemonkey. Just saying. It gets checked multiple times a day.
an interesting post, given that this 4 page thread has complaints from people who are specifically claiming that their emails are going unanswered.

i've personally had good luck w/ evil picking up the phone when i've called. i like the company.

btw when people complain that their emails go unanswered, it is meaningless to point out that you've observed an employee answering tons of emails. if a company does not have adequate customer service resources, then not all emails will get answered and the phone line will often be busy. pretty simple math.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
an interesting post, given that this 4 page thread has complaints from people who are specifically claiming that their emails are going unanswered.

i've personally had good luck w/ evil picking up the phone when i've called. i like the company.

btw when people complain that their emails go unanswered, it is meaningless to point out that you've observed an employee answering tons of emails. if a company does not have adequate customer service resources, then not all emails will get answered and the phone line will often be busy. pretty simple math.
There are multiple evil emails, that is the best one to contact to guarantee you get an answer.

EVILBIKES

Chimp
Jul 14, 2010
I would like to first off like to thank everyone for their patience in this long drawn out nightmare which we are going through right now with production and deliveries.
I can ensure you that if we could do this differently we would. We have encountered every imaginable issue from problems in production, minor issues with q/c, and finally issues with paint quality.
Every time we feel as though we are taking a step forward we get slapped back. I would also like to apologize for the lack of information. For the people who have emailed us directly they are aware that all the information which we have been given by our vendors has not been accurate. The information which we shared with people from our vendors at the beginning of this nightmare caused us more grief than good due to the fact the information was incorrect. This has caused us to be hesitant to forward information which we know could be inaccurate. Where we stand right now, we have a portion of bikes which now have passed final q/c. They are only a small percentage of bikes which are on order and will need to satisfy the global market. We HOPE and HOPE being the key word here that bikes will begin to move next week to our global distributors, US, and Canada.
If you have any further questions or updates please email us at info@evil-bikes.com

Thanks

Gabe

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
i happen to know how it is to work in factory(not a bike one)and it can be quite hard. nothing can leave the facility if the standards aren't met. q/c crew is doing all the work and if they find something wrong and reject a product you feel like killing each and every one of them. problems along the assambly line are common. be patient with Evil. they are at the begining so finding a good factory and keeping a close connection with it may be hard at this time. The thing is that they have a GREAT frame that for sure worthes the wait. GOOD THINGS MIGHT COME FOR THOSE WHO WAIT!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
i happen to know how it is to work in factory(not a bike one)and it can be quite hard. nothing can leave the facility if the standards aren't met. q/c crew is doing all the work and if they find something wrong and reject a product you feel like killing each and every one of them. problems along the assambly line are common. be patient with Evil. they are at the begining so finding a good factory and keeping a close connection with it may be hard at this time. The thing is that they have a GREAT frame that for sure worthes the wait. GOOD THINGS MIGHT COME FOR THOSE WHO WAIT!
I can vouch for that. I sat in a QC office with 2 other people with needle tipped micrometers on calibrated stone tables, alcohol swabs and clean room gloves spinning tiny metal bushings for 4 days straight, 8hrs on end one week. A distributor messed up and tolerences with more than 2 one thousands of a millimeter off on them and causing turbos to seize. It was for our John Deere and CAT mini-excavator and Bobcat turbos and our number 1 build customer.

I had to personally toss out bearings for what would have been just short of a 1000 turbos. If someone hadn't caught the tolerance issue after 7 of 200 turbos seized in assembly, we'd have blown hundreds of them in the field. They passed the assembly pre-test too.

Vendors are a bltch!;)

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Those are the only 2 options that appeal to me now, 99% of bikes dont fit 6'8" guys
:eek::eek::eek: Really? 6'8"? I fit a guy in the shop the other day who was 6'6" and thought he was the tallest person I've ever seen on a bicycle. The revolt seems like its probably going to continue to have "growing pains" for the next year or so (sorting out warranty frames before new customers) so if I were you I would probably pursue the "custom" option a little more. Have you talked to companies like Ventana or Orange? I know that they aren't as sexy as a superco but they seem like companies who are very willing to build custom stuff for not much effort. It would get you on a new bike at least....

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
:eek::eek::eek: Really? 6'8"? I fit a guy in the shop the other day who was 6'6" and thought he was the tallest person I've ever seen on a bicycle. The revolt seems like its probably going to continue to have "growing pains" for the next year or so (sorting out warranty frames before new customers) so if I were you I would probably pursue the "custom" option a little more. Have you talked to companies like Ventana or Orange? I know that they aren't as sexy as a superco but they seem like companies who are very willing to build custom stuff for not much effort. It would get you on a new bike at least....
Don't forget Chumba Racing. They have been known to do custom frame builds as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.