Quantcast

Yo, Mike Deeeeeeeeee

wirly

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
San Diego
Was that you at ATT on Wednesday? I thought I heard a shout but didn't see anyone but saw a Jeep at the bottom with a MTB sticker on the back window. That's your ride right?
Perfect day to ride, I was so stoked I played hookey. That was the first time I have ridden the trail since well before the fires. Not what it once was but still fun. The ground was great, and the old Anderson was fun because of all the new lines caused by new ruts and rocks. Certainly a challenge!
The top was pretty harry and caused a few nice crashes. My ride on the King Freeway ended real abruptly after the double at the bottom of the wash. :dead:

Hope your day was as good!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Shoot, is that where it's been? I wish I'd have known...then I wouldn't have been forced to ride my XC hardtail at Noble yesterday.

I finally think Orven is right about something...Noble is a LOT more fun on an XC bike. The Dh sections are only a shade slower, and the rest of the ride is 76.9% more enjoyable on a light, pedally bike. Not having to slog through the canyon itself was a ton of fun. I just wish they had tires with DH flat-and-tearing resistance that weighed something around 800-900g. My Conti USTs just haven't lived very long.

Not hassling with a shuttle is pretty nice, too.

MD

Aquaholic

Chimp
Jan 5, 2004
Noble Canyon
Wirly:

Yes, that was me. I was over on Sidewinder when I saw you guys on your descent. I yelled a few times at you guys, but you were in a flow.

Mike Deee, glad you are finally seeing the light. A big squish bike is total overkill on Noble. There are no sections on that ride that warrant that much bike. The climbs must be brutal on those pigs. Not to mention there is some killer singletrack(Indian Creek) that the shuttlers never see. I've actually had a blast lately riding the FrankenCruiser on Noble.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh, I know, I like riding Indian Creek...and I never take my full-squish there anymore, just the 'hardcore' hardtail...but it's still kind of a pig on the flats and climbs. Just a little too short in the TT and really slack geometry, plus the short, short rear end kinda hurts to climb. My "XC" bike, while under 30 lbs, still has about a 69 HA and a shortish rear end. (Mountain cycle "rumble," all XC'd out with flat bars and bar ends..."

I bet there's lots of singletrack there I've never ridden, though...looking forward to finding it.

MD