Quantcast

Yokun Ridge Trail Pics Part II

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Took the Craftworks out for the first "real" ride today. Beautiful day (70 and sunny) and the bike kicks ass. Swinger 4-way = :love: This thing rips downhill, and the WTB UST weirolves were as good in the mud as they were cornering or on the fast dry stuff.

Anyway, here are 9 random trail pics:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
cool chunkage followed by smooth tight. Looks like a great trail
I always enjoy riding here. It alternates between smooth and sketchy. Plus it has one of the sweetest singletrack downhills I have ridden in the northeast. The bad part is after the downhill, is a climb. :dead:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by berkshire_rider
I always enjoy riding here. It alternates between smooth and sketchy. Plus it has one of the sweetest singletrack downhills I have ridden in the northeast. The bad part is after the downhill, is a climb. :dead:
yah it would be great to own a gravity regulator....:p

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Steve you gotta give us a tour of these trails.

Would it make for a good trining ride spot for our 24hr team?

We are looking for a spot in and around Holyoke or so to all get together and ride.

Perhaps you could join us and show us the goods.

And maybe also let me take your Craftworks for a little spin. :D

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
We are looking for a spot in and around Holyoke or so to all get together and ride.
Holyoke? I don't think that is very close to anyone, but I hear the Holyoke Range trails and DAR State Forest are both good riding. Never been to either. I'm always up for a road trip.

What type of get togther are you trying to organize? :confused:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Steve,

If you could guide us on the 13th I'll try to round up Team 4 Monkeys and a Baboon to hit the Yokun Ridge and connecting trails.

What say ye?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
ooooooh that place looks friggin awesome. i wish we had stuff like that around here.