Quantcast

You’re not Snowshoe... Lenzerheide 2019 World Cup

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Man I'd love to see always a bridesmaid Troy take the overall.

I think Gwin is going to go for it at worlds as the rest of this year is a wash.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i predict minnarr at worlds. dude is peaking right now, likes the course, and the two frenchies are going to dial it back a tick to not risk the overall. and it'd be a great way to cap off a career. gwinn won't be (quite) up to speed yet, alas.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Not sure I'd bet a significant dollar amount on Minnaar at Worlds, but I'd love to see it, especially with all the "He's old, time to retire" talk at the start of the season. However, if the Frenchists go on strike, as they're known to do, I'd expect he and Troy to have a battle royal for the stripes this year. Don't believe Gwin will be a factor, he's not exceptional when he's be off the bike recently.

Really hoping Tracey can hold it together as well, she doesn't have the best history when she's the frontrunner. She should have won in Cairns, she had a big enough lead to stop and eat a Veginmite sandwich halfway down and still win, but ended up with a concussion and 2nd instead.

Back to The race in the land of cows and chocolate, another super fun weekend to watch. That's really all I got, unsurprising podiums for men women and girls, and a slight surprise for the wee gentlemen. Pierron is currently my favorite of the two Frenchies due to a) embracing his Jean Gerard persona, and b) gets a lot drunker than Bruni when he wins, so that's a win for all of us.

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
It's good that at least something still is tangentially related to the concept of going downhill on this forum.