Quantcast

You best stay off my chickin selects!

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
BurlySurly said:
Cool.

Have fun with your hemp necklaces and berkenstocks.
Uh.. Yeah.

I'll have to be sure to stop off on my 40 mile commute home, in my SUV, and pick up some Birks and a hemp necklace (I don't know though, that sh!t looks pretty itchy to me)... hey, maybe I can stink like patchouli and buy a drum also, so that I can sit around the mall in Boulder and connect with the people there.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
s1ngletrack said:
Uh.. Yeah.

I'll have to be sure to stop off on my 40 mile commute home, in my SUV, and pick up some Birks and a hemp necklace (I don't know though, that sh!t looks pretty itchy to me)... hey, maybe I can stink like patchouli and buy a drum also, so that I can sit around the mall in Boulder and connect with the people there.

can a man not just make a hasty generalization and be done with it anymore :D

J

JRB

BurlySurly said:

We thought you were cool, being a Marine and all, and we were wrong. :D

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
BurlySurly said:
Sorry dude - I get all weirded out and militant being associated with anything remotely trustafarian... I'll take my prozac ;)

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
golgiaparatus said:
Has anyone seen the new Burger King Commercial... its fhacking
HI-larious, "mmm egg, and meat and cheese... and meat and cheese" with the big ass fake head burger king dude... LOL!
It kind of freaks me out.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco-gringo said:
We thought you were cool, being a Marine and all, and we were wrong. :D
You say "we" like anyone on this board is actually associated with you. Stop talking about the Marines too, please. Im out. Thanks.

J

JRB

BurlySurly said:
You say "we" like anyone on this board is actually associated with you. Stop talking about the Marines too, please. Im out. Thanks.

I have one friend. I won't disclose so you don't pick on him though.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Has anyone mentioned the Adult Happy Meal concept?
McD's marketing plan is so inherently racist.
They show commercials of white soccer mom's eating their Adult Happy Meal - McSalad
The other commercials are the greasy chicken nuggets that Burly was talking about and it's so targeted at the african american community.
AHHHAAHGGHH
I'm done. This sh!t gives me a headache it makes me so mad.

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
anyone else noticed the ad for the LG fridge/TV combo? the tag line is "now you can combine the two things you love most - food and TV"
there are just so many things to say about it that all i can do is sputter and throw up my hands in surrender.
i'm just glad that no one will ever have to miss a moment of Springer in order to get the gallon of chunky monkey.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
golgiaparatus said:
A hippy (or anyone for that matter) that thinks he/she can drum because he/she has a drum and 2 hands... few things can make me leave a room faster.

I ran across this statement the other day that made me laugh... it was reviewing a very advanced instructional video, it said, "the Anga Mania video will not be helpful for beginners or drum circle knuckleheads"
Nice... It (Pearl St. mall drum circles) doesn't actually have anything to do with creating music does it? It's all about the vibe man - cleanse tha spirit of the white-bread, silverspoon, trustafarian angst. :thumb:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
s1ngletrack said:
Nice... It (Pearl St. mall drum circles) doesn't actually have anything to do with creating music does it? It's all about the vibe man - cleanse tha spirit of the white-bread, silverspoon, trustafarian angst. :thumb:
LOL! I deleted that reply as to not insult anyone that might be an aspiring percussionist, but you have locked it in for eternity now :D

Honestly, I think they want to create music but actually dont realize that to be a real percussionist it takes a lot of work, dicipline, and study. Drum circle dolts rely on having 30 other people pounding on drums inorder to cover up the horrible fahk ups they make ever 2 measures. My favorite thing in the world is to go to some festival and have my tent set up near the fire where the circle will be happening where 50% of the "drummers" are playing every single 1/4 note :rolleyes:.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Super Size Me is a movie documentary about this guy who lives on McD's for a month. It's super funny i was lovin it! McDonalds actually changed their food around from the movie comin out. (More emphasis on salads, changing chicken nuggers, phasin out super size....)
It's comin out on video real soon, i couldn't eat a burger for a couple days after i saw this flick.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I'd wondered where it went - I wouldn't be offended by your post if I were an aspiring percussionist (sh...don't tell BS - he thinks I am). I would just consider myself warned against the hazards of hanging out in drum circles... it's a public service announcement of sorts.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
s1ngletrack said:
I would just consider myself warned against the hazards of hanging out in drum circles... it's a public service announcement of sorts.
I see those nutsacks on campus here all the time. I have yet to see a citar (sp) though. If I do, Im going to pull over and destroy it and of course they wont do anything except maybe protest.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
s1ngletrack said:
I'd wondered where it went - I wouldn't be offended by your post if I were an aspiring percussionist (sh...don't tell BS - he thinks I am). I would just consider myself warned against the hazards of hanging out in drum circles... it's a public service announcement of sorts.
HEH! :D

WARNING: American drum circles are not where you learn about percussion!

Well studied percussionists are few and far between in this country. For real drumming go to congahead.com (LP sponsored site) and check out the videos of Giovanni Hidalgo or Patato Valdez, or go elsewhere and check out Changuito, Mongo, or Anga.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
TN said:
<snip>
& BS...it doesnt matter how much excercise you get. Cokes are BAD. A 12 oz. can of Coke is like eating 12 teaspoons full of sugar (refined sugar at that). :dead:
i'm not tryin' to be preachy....I'm just sayin'. :)
Yeah, but so's a little tub of yogurt. And that chit's supposed to be good for ya. :angry:

-S.S.-

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
BurlySurly said:
I see those nutsacks on campus here all the time. I have yet to see a citar (sp) though. If I do, Im going to pull over and destroy it and of course they wont do anything except maybe protest.
Not many people pick up the frikkin citaur and try to play it. They are some crazy whacked out instruments... besides, they cost a fortune. A descent one cost as much as a piano. I only know this because I use to go to college with an indian kid that played the citaur like crazy. He said his citaur in America was worth like $5000.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
BurlySurly said:
Well, protest and call the parents to secure funds for another. You think your campus is bad - the entire town of Boulder is overrun with these people, I love the place, but can barely stomach the "god -why couldn't I be born poor, hippy, or indian, or anything that would lend greater meaning to my sterile existence" attitude. Expanding one's horizons is cool - but a wolf covered in patchouli oil and dreadlocks is still a wolf.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
s1ngletrack said:
Well, protest and call the parents to secure funds for another. You think your campus is bad - the entire town of Boulder is overrun with these people, I love the place, but can barely stomach the "god -why couldn't I be born poor, hippy, or indian, or anything that would lend greater meaning to my sterile existence" attitude. Expanding one's horizons is cool - but a wolf covered in patchouli oil and dreadlocks is still a wolf.

Ah,

Ive heard that alot about boulder actually. My mother lives in Denver and I like Colorado alot, but boulder probably wouldnt be my kind of place. Patchuoli actually nauseates me. Cant stand the stuff. Whats so bad about just bathing?

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
True - and stranger still is the fact that the place seems (my experience)conspicuously devoid of good public riding spots, unless you are a road biker.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
s1ngletrack said:
True - and stranger still is the fact that the place seems (my experience)conspicuously devoid of good public riding spots, unless you are a road biker.

How can that be?

When i hear "Boulder" i dont even picture a city. I picture a small town being viewed from a piece of singletrack way above it. Wierd.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
BurlySurly said:
How can that be?

When i hear "Boulder" i dont even picture a city. I picture a small town being viewed from a piece of singletrack way above it. Wierd.
There's some folklore that an very influential councilperson was out hiking one day (way back in the day) when a mt biker blew by her, scaring her. Supposedly, bikes were banned from the majority of the trails soon after. I'm sure that there is someone here who know the story better - or knows if it is complete b.s., but I've never had any luck finding a place to ride up there, and I know that many bikers come down to Golden from Boulder to ride here instead. The entire place has a "holier than thou" vibe - whether it's coming from hikers, equestrians, eco-nazis, yuppies, trustafarians, or rich college kids. Very pretty town though - with alot of good food.

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
s1ngletrack said:
the entire town of Boulder is overrun with these people, I love the place, but can barely stomach the "god -why couldn't I be born poor, hippy, or indian, or anything that would lend greater meaning to my sterile existence" attitude. Expanding one's horizons is cool - but a wolf covered in patchouli oil and dreadlocks is still a wolf.
I was in Boulder the day word got out that Jerry Garcia had died. Damn stinky hippes were everywhere, crying, hugging, playing drums and crap.

I can't stand hippies

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
brock said:
I was in Boulder the day word got out that Jerry Garcia had died. Damn stinky hippes were everywhere, crying, hugging, playing drums and crap.

I can't stand hippies
I was hiking that day at the Cascades Park NW of VA Tech. I didn't cry, but I did inhale extra herbal libations in his honor. More people than just hippies liked the Grateful Dead, you know. Even some people with a lick of sense and good hygiene, as well!

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
llkoolkeg said:
More people than just hippies liked the Grateful Dead, you know.
The people in Boulder that day were stinky hippies....

llkoolkeg said:
Even some people with a lick of sense
This is the part that always confuses me. ;)

Just kidding. I never bag on anyone for their taste in music. We can't all like the same stuff. That would be boring. I'm sure most people would hate what I listen to.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
BurlySurly said:
I swear to god Im gonna stab my thumbs off If i hear one more commercial like this. McDonalds is driving me crazy with this "Im lovin' it" urban marketing scheme. Ive seen like 5 commercials where some random person is bitching at no one about staying away from their chicken. I could seriously get the point after 1 maybe two commercials, but why make like 15 that are exactly the same (save ethnic grouping)? Im not a fast food hater, but this is gettting more annoying then the whole "Dr. Scholls " IM GELLIN" thing. :mumble:

Ohhhh...ok...she's talking to no one in particular...everytime I see that damn commercial I'm all who the hell is she talking to? Did I miss the beginning of the commercial or something? HAHAHA!