Quantcast

You bought what???

J

JRB

A Dyson low cleaner vacuum and a turbo animal cleaner brush. Holy crap there is a ton of hair in my house. It is insane that a vacuum was $500. We also bought a Sears road hazard for 5 years for a 100 bones. This thing is amazing though. Clear canister vacs are awesome. You actually see the funk getting picked up. It's crazy that we spent $600 on a vac with an attachment for pet hair, but since there were $300 options we considered, this is ok I suppose. It's nuts what it cost, but it really does work super well.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
loco said:
A Dyson low cleaner vacuum and a turbo animal cleaner brush. Holy crap there is a ton of hair in my house. It is insane that a vacuum was $500. We also bought a Sears road hazard for 5 years for a 100 bones. This thing is amazing though. Clear canister vacs are awesome. You actually see the funk getting picked up. It's crazy that we spent $600 on a vac with an attachment for pet hair, but since there were $300 options we considered, this is ok I suppose. It's nuts what it cost, but it really does work super well.

do you own the house??
cuz if i didnt own the place, i´d just move out..... :nuts:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You spent what now?

I got a vacuum cleaner with a turbo brush on it designed to pick up animal hair. It's got a HEPA filter, several attachments, and sucks up hair like crazy. Oh, and it has a clear canister.

I spent $110... What'd you get that I didn't?

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
I've seen them displayed in a store. Men those prices are indeed NUTS. I will never buy one. :( And those funky colours are really fugly imo. But they shure are good apliences but hella expensive :eek:

J

JRB

binary visions said:
You spent what now?

I got a vacuum cleaner with a turbo brush on it designed to pick up animal hair. It's got a HEPA filter, several attachments, and sucks up hair like crazy. Oh, and it has a clear canister.

I spent $110... What'd you get that I didn't?
A friend got one a few months back. He had a $300 Hoover that did a nice job. He vacuumed with the Hoover and then the Dyson. It was amazing what it picked up. We did the same test with our old vac. The new one was completely full. This thing picks up lots of crap. What's funny is, 1 month ago, I said that is absurd and I wouldn't ever buy one. I am tired of the dust, so hopefully this will help.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
What's funny is, 1 month ago, I said that is absurd and I wouldn't ever buy one.
Uhhh. More like two days ago when I asked if you were getting one. I believe your response was -- "No way am I spending that much on a vacuum cleaner." :nuts:

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Uhhh. More like two days ago when I asked if you were getting one. I believe your response was -- "No way am I spending that much on a vacuum cleaner." :nuts:
Yeah - I think I did. :think: Then I saw one in action. I bought you one of those little retractable saws while I was at Sears, too. :thumb:

J

JRB

johnbryanpeters said:
Hey loco, I'll sell you some insurance that will pay you seven million if you wake up dead in the morning... Only $499.99, one payment...
How about you just give me $500 and wake up dead in the morning. :eviltongu

*edit - while it is dumb to buy a $500 vacuum, it is no more dumb than one of us buying an $800 fork, or a $3000 frame, or a $40000 truck. It's really all about what you want to buy. If it actually makes me want to vacuum and the wife is not yelling at me about it, it's worth it. Kind of.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Loco is what market research analysts like to call a "vacuum enthusiast", just as we are bicycle enthusiasts.

chicodude01 said:
Greatest thing ever. Do you have those neat lil' things that are in your base boards that sucks up all the stuff you swept?
My new house gets them! Hooray for central vac! :thumb:

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I want one of those suckers.

Bad.

But I'm over 30 so that could explain the desire.

Now that I think about it, even when I was young I want $2000 shop-vac called a Wap Turbo. The thing was amazing.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
I have some very furry beasts in an old NE apartment with no air circulation. I do what I can and I have a badass honeywell air filter that scrubs the air all the time. I've been wanting one of the Dyson Animals for a while, but they are too expensive for me to afford. Maybe some day as a present from the GF or something... :help: I'd buy one if I could find it for $350...

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
You could have spent more on a vacuum, my brother was a Kirby salesman, those things are like $1000-1300!

He only sold'em to friends and relatives and quit after like his first month.

You could use the thing to blow out your shower drain in the blow mode. (Ha!)