Quantcast

" You can't ride downhill on a Hardtail"

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Originally posted by Orven
Regardless, don't you guys ever attempt to race 12 HR on a HT again...unless it's a Rabie Solo Team... ahahahahahaha :D
The 12 HR looks interesting... is there a team who does just HT at the 12HR?:sneaky:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
There was..... intermittently for 2-3 hrs total. :D
Don't forget all the time I spent trying to build, then trying to kill, that POS Woodman frame. Then the hours I spent whining about it and trying to slip in some runs on the Nucleon and 2MX.

I'm in for it again this year...got the bike already ready...

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by MikeD
Don't forget all the time I spent trying to build, then trying to kill, that POS Woodman frame. Then the hours I spent whining about it and trying to slip in some runs on the Nucleon and 2MX.

I'm in for it again this year...got the bike already ready...
I can't wait either.. I'm pretty excited about it and this year I'll make sure that I don't end up doing the last critical runs of the day... Too tiring.. :dead:

R

Rabie

I can't wait either.. I'm pretty excited about it and this year I'll make sure that I don't end up doing the last critical runs of the day... Too tiring.. :dead:
If I'm not in Whistler, I will be doing all the critical runs of the day this year. Four man teams are bunk. If you aren't pissing off the lift, what is the point of being in the race?

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Originally posted by Rabie
If I'm not in Whistler, I will be doing all the critical runs of the day this year. Four man teams are bunk. If you aren't pissing off the lift, what is the point of being in the race?
I got to get over my stagefright when pissing infront of 3 strangers while suspended 75ft in the air. That and figure out how the hell I flatted a tire while on the chairlift?!? :confused:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by ssaddict
I got to get over my stagefright when pissing infront of 3 strangers while suspended 75ft in the air. That and figure out how the hell I flatted a tire while on the chairlift?!? :confused:

I flatted by working on some kid's brake while I was drinking a beer.....about 20ft from my bike. I'll never do that again.

About that lift thing. Make sure you keep an eye on the directional vanes on the lift towers.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
I rode MikeD's hardtail on the lower section of Cr--k at BB for about 10 feet. lol
I'm to old, fat and skilless for DH on a HT. :rolleyes:
I remember Sanjay passing me like I was riding Up the hill. He was on a ridged Park Bike :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I say ride what ya want. The riding part is what it's all about right?

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Originally posted by kidwoo
I flatted by working on some kid's brake while I was drinking a beer.....about 20ft from my bike. I'll never do that again.

About that lift thing. Make sure you keep an eye on the directional vanes on the lift towers.
My dad taught me about peeing in the wind long ago... actually, I take that back. My dad watched me learn about peeing in the wind long ago.

Then laughed his ass off. :angry:

Actually, I think Orven just let the air out of my tire. ;) :D