Quantcast

You can't ride this.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
binary visions said:
Doesn't look that bad to me but it is a good riding shot :thumb:
I was thinking the same thing... I know pics can be very decieving, but that doesn't look all that bad. It looks like it ends before you can get in any real trouble.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I don't doubt that roll in is way steep. On a DH bike with lax angles it would be cake, but an XC bike would be a bit more of a trick.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
dhbuilder said:
alright.
i gotta call shenanigans on this last post.

w.t.f. ???

I was merely noting that the guy in the first picture would have been much cooler if he were wearing parachute pants.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
kidwoo said:
Private property?

Or are we talking about a new custom Knolly frame?
Cool pic but yeah those were the questions that popped into my head 'cuz it sure looks ridable to me. Maybe that spot has since been developed or damaged by natural or unnatural occurrence?

Wait, a thread that makes us think? What the heck is going on here?

:)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
jdschall said:
I was merely noting that the guy in the first picture would have been much cooler if he were wearing parachute pants.
why do i get the feeling you own a pair. and they're not tucked away in the unused portion of your closet ?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
narlus said:
for those not clued in yet, pete added in some white text to the lower part of the post...
So it appears there's only 1 dude that you must know to be able to ride the only rocky roll-in in moab(?)

That dude is gonna be pissed that this photo made it onto the mega-hyper-inter-web

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Whoa, some people sure are touchy about a simple play on words associated with a picture of a small spine roll.

Maybe it's a valid monitor check though since the white text jumps out on my montors. Time to calibrate folks!

Public land (BLM), "private" rock route that I couldn't find the day after I rode it, let alone today.

Narlus, just rock and sand in the pic, no crypto.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
justsomeguy said:
Maybe it's a valid monitor check though since the white text jumps out on my montors. Time to calibrate folks!
I thought maybe it was just my eyes. I could barely see it.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
justsomeguy said:
Whoa, some people sure are touchy about a simple play on words associated with a picture of a small spine roll.

Public land (BLM), "private" rock route that I couldn't find the day after I rode it, let alone today.

Narlus, just rock and sand in the pic, no crypto.
b.t.w. nice lookin photo.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
kidwoo said:
Get me some with 6" of travel and I'm on it.
You better get the ones with a travel lock out, otherwise it's going to really suck balls climbing on those things.