Quantcast

You guys ever preorder a camera?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Imma get me a fancy canon 6d and was wondering how reliable actually getting the thing once its released is from B&H. I can imagine they'll get more preorders than they'll get in the first shipment. A buddy got screwed on a 5dmk3 that way.....ended up having to wait another month.

Any secret retaillers I need to know about?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
you might have some luck with Adorama, amazon or even Best Buy, but when it comes to new electronics, its up to the mfg to allocate the products to each retailer. ive dealt with this before on the mfging side and even if a large company like B&H forecasts X amount of cameras, chances are they wont get them all for the first round.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I pre-ordered the D600 through Amazon and they were spot on about their delivery date. Granted Nikon had said ahead of time that they had plenty of inventory and that the shipping date would be held, but it's still a pre-release, so you never know.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Never with a camera. I've always bought one generation behind to save money.

I did pre-order my iPhone 5. I happened to be up working after midnight, so I got my order in within the first half hour or so and got the phone on release day.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it's a crap shoot.

the only camera i ever pre-ordered was the 1Dx, and when it was delayed about 8 months from actually landing in stores, i changed direction and got a 5D3 instead.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I was all set to place an order with best buy and realized there's sales tax......I guess since they have stores in CA. I ended up going with adorama. We'll see what happens. With all the bltching and moaning about how useless the 6d is, hopefully I'm the only one in the country getting one.