Quantcast

You know GM and Ford are in the crapper because....

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

It's finally official. Toyota announced on Monday that it will enter Nextel Cup and Busch Series competition in 2007.

It's going to be a f'ing riot watching the Bud swilling, GM/Ford/Mopar bubba crowd getting beaten again and again by a Camry!

:p

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Oh man, this will be funny. Although, when was the last time a Toyota engineer looked at a v8 that had a carbuerator and no AMD processor? :P

My prediction: Toyota owns, Honda enters next year and the hicks go back to a sport that can surely can be domminateed by Americans, tractor pulling.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
AWESOME...
a 350in toyota with a distribuitor and a double pumper.... thats like somebody saying he found the perpetual motion machine...

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
ALEXIS_DH said:
there was a judd V10 diesel before i think.. but am not really sure..

Yeah there was, there was also a Cat/VW engine too that ran on Diesel, both weren't anywhere near the torque the audi is making.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well, it aint racing until WalMart starts stocking flaming Toyota baseball hats!

I would love to see a Toyota kick redneck ass.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
mack said:
Oh man, this will be funny. Although, when was the last time a Toyota engineer looked at a v8 that had a carbuerator and no AMD processor? :P

My prediction: Toyota owns, Honda enters next year and the hicks go back to a sport that can surely can be domminateed by Americans, tractor pulling.
They have a good v8 in the truck series. I don't follow racing but Stan does so by default I hear about it. They developed the truck engine in a very short period of time and it is rated for 600 miles - trucks only race 250 miles (forward thinking). Oh and the truck shares a chassis with the Busch series cars so it is an easy transition. I think they've been in the truck series for 4 or 5 years and have done pretty well.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Mike B. said:
They have a good v8 in the truck series. I don't follow racing but Stan does so by default I hear about it. They developed the truck engine in a very short period of time and it is rated for 600 miles - trucks only race 250 miles (forward thinking). Oh and the truck shares a chassis with the Busch series cars so it is an easy transition. I think they've been in the truck series for 4 or 5 years and have done pretty well.

Toyota also has a pretty good history in endurace sports car racing, so i'd venture to say they should have no problem making an engine that can handle it.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Westy said:
NASCAR needs to update it name to NAATCAR

National Association for Ancient Technology Car Racing.
I don't post on here too often, but well said.

I am a fan of motorsports, but nascar bugs me. It seems like it could be better if cars wern't running on 60's technology and they did more street and road courses. There are a lot of other things which keep me from watching/enjoying it, but those are two of my biggest gripes.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
d.e.f. said:
I don't post on here too often, but well said.

I am a fan of motorsports, but nascar bugs me. It seems like it could be better if cars wern't running on 60's technology and they did more street and road courses. There are a lot of other things which keep me from watching/enjoying it, but those are two of my biggest gripes.
i think nascar is great.
its not about an "end" but about the means.

reducing it to an "end" is kinda pointless.
say you spend 6k for a "faster" dh bike, which is (in terms of mph) marginally superior than a "fast" 3k one... then you´d argue that you´d be better of buying a mx bike if you want to go fast....

i see nascar as i see mechanical watches... not even the best mechanical watch full of complications and thousands of hours of labor on it can compete with the precision of a decent $200 quartz watch... but thats not the point.

its about the skill that takes to make a precise mechanical watch, or to make a pushrod rev up to 9k rpm and last 500 miles...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
If the series never raced in Europe it ain't auto racing. Nascar has nothing to do with superior technology, superior craftsmanship, or making your engine last. It's a good way to see things crash and catch on fire while drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon. That's why the tracks are oval, you no matter where you are you can see all the crashes, and having 43 cars on the track is a garuntee of at least one crash. That being said Toyota will school the rest of the feild.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Nascar, mmmm and round and round and round and round and round and round. Did I mention round?