Quantcast

You know if this guy was Arabic, we would have a different news story...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
White ex-celebrity brings a gun on the plane, and oh it's an "honest mistake". :rolleyes: While Cat Stevens is all of a sudden an international terrorist.

I say send this mofo to Cuba!

Feds Detain L.A. Counterterrorism Chief
Fri Sep 24, 7:23 AM ET

LOS ANGELES - The head of the Police Department's counterterrorism bureau was detained by federal authorities Thursday after trying to board a flight at Los Angeles International Airport with a loaded handgun in his carryon luggage.

John Miller, an ABC-TV reporter before he was hired for the security job, was off duty and heading to New York with his family when Transportation Security Administration officials discovered the .38-caliber handgun in his bag, TSA spokesman Nico Melendez said.

Miller is authorized to carry the weapon, but failed to disclose he was traveling with the gun.

Police Chief William Bratton said he spoke with Miller, who was "extraordinarily embarrassed" by the incident.

"It's a human mistake that was made," Bratton said. "John is certainly wishing it didn't happen.

Miller was briefly detained before he and his family were permitted to board their scheduled flight. The gun was confiscated.

"He knows the airport procedures. ... He didn't realize he had it," said Lt. Horace Frank, an aide to Miller. "It was an oversight."

Miller was on his way to New York to tape a farewell message to ABC's Barbara Walters, who is retiring. Before joining the LAPD, Miller co-anchored the network's "20/20" news magazine with Walters.

Bratton, who hired Miller as his spokesman when he was New York City police commissioner, then recruited him to come to Los Angeles, ordered an administrative investigation. He said he had no doubt that Miller made a simple mistake.

Under federal rules, Miller could be fined up to $3,000.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Tenchiro said:
White ex-celebrity brings a gun on the plane, and oh it's an "honest mistake". :rolleyes: While Cat Stevens is all of a sudden an international terrorist.

I say send this mofo to Cuba!

Feds Detain L.A. Counterterrorism Chief
Fri Sep 24, 7:23 AM ET

LOS ANGELES - The head of the Police Department's counterterrorism bureau was detained by federal authorities Thursday after trying to board a flight at Los Angeles International Airport with a loaded handgun in his carryon luggage.
that's as far as I got... you're trying to compare one guy who's suspected of financially supporting terrorists with a law enforcement officer? That's weak. Stop looking for problems or atleast wear a tinfoil hat.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
LordOpie said:
that's as far as I got... you're trying to compare one guy who's suspected of financially supporting terrorists with a law enforcement officer? That's weak. Stop looking for problems or atleast wear a tinfoil hat.
He (a renowned peace activist) was barred from the US of supporting gorups that "might" be terrorism related. While a guy that tried to carry a handgun on a plane, "just made an honest mistake". Seriously, I know better than to even take a swiss army knife to the airport, but a cop forgets a gun is in his bag??

Who the hell forgets a gun in his bag when he is headed to the airport?

Tenchiro said:
He (a renowned peace activist) was barred from the US of supporting gorups that "might" be terrorism related. While a guy that tried to carry a handgun on a plane, "just made an honest mistake". Seriously, I know better than to even take a swiss army knife to the airport, but a cop forgets a gun is in his bag??

Who the hell forgets a gun in his bag when he is headed to the airport?

uh, if you are a law enforcement officer who is as used to carry a gun as his wallet? maybe the head of a counter-terrorism division might be a little more credible?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Forget about the gun. What I wanna know is how a TV reporter gets to be the head of counter terrorism for the LAPD. What next, Paula Zahn heading the "Operation Kill Bin-Laden" task force? Actually I'd like to know his credentials.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I think we have all the answers here:

John Miller Interviews Bin Laden
This interview was in 1998

1993 World Trade Center Bombing

JOHN MILLER Ramzi Yousef was a follower. Do you remember him? Did you know him?

Osama bin Laden: Ramzi Yousef, after the World Trade Center bombing became a well known Muslim personality, and all Muslims know him. Unfortunately, I did not know him before the incident.

I remember him as a Muslim who defended Islam from American aggression. He took this effort to let the Americans know that their government assaults Muslims to insure Israeli interest, to insure Jews.

American will see many youths who will follow Ramzi Yousef.

yep, that's a little scary.........

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
MudGrrl said:
I think we have all the answers here:

John Miller Interviews Bin Laden
This interview was in 1998

1993 World Trade Center Bombing

JOHN MILLER Ramzi Yousef was a follower. Do you remember him? Did you know him?

Osama bin Laden: Ramzi Yousef, after the World Trade Center bombing became a well known Muslim personality, and all Muslims know him. Unfortunately, I did not know him before the incident.

I remember him as a Muslim who defended Islam from American aggression. He took this effort to let the Americans know that their government assaults Muslims to insure Israeli interest, to insure Jews.

American will see many youths who will follow Ramzi Yousef.

yep, that's a little scary.........
Yeah, I did a bit of googling and found that perhaps he is qualified after all.........deputy police commissioner in New York (admittedly with the same guy who is his boss now) but still his credentials seem a bit thin. Anyone wanna provide a convincing arguement for him. Twinkle?