Quantcast

$&You Know the Drill Saturday&$

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I know most of these things Brian. I said it because you have made comments accordingly over the past ~20 years. Broad stroke on my part, yes. My apologies for the scale of the scope, but given your historical comments and finding amusement in a corresponding comment, flip that context the other way and how would you react?

And there is a A LOT of irony in the entirety of your statement given the party and man you support. Given their goal of eliminating support for people who need it, only promoting the extremely wealthy (which nobody on this site is), and a large swath wanting to both negate the value of the voting power of (see voter suppression in most red states) and effectively eliminate brown people from the US if they had the opportunity (read the fucking news that isn't Breitbart or Fox).
You can't take everything to heart, especially on the internet. I love to joke and push buttons to get people riled up. I believe in helping the less fortunate, but not in the way of overtaxing as the other side wants. I take that back. Don't raise California Bay Area taxes, but raise the taxes across the nation to equal what we pay here in the Bay Area (same percentage). I believe you left the Bay Area because of the cost of living, how would you like paying what we pay? Where did Trump say he wants to eliminate "brown people"? I know he's against "illegal immigration, but for legal immigration, so I'm a bit confused?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Where did Trump say he wants to eliminate "brown people"? I know he's against "illegal immigration, but for legal immigration, so I'm a bit confused?
Which countries does he deem shitholes again? Which country did he muse about getting more immigrants from (that'd be Norway, and they don't want to come here anyway)? I feel like we've been down this road before but you're either too thick to understand it or too firmly ensconced in your own echoing chambers.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You can't take everything to heart, especially on the internet. I love to joke and push buttons to get people riled up. I believe in helping the less fortunate, but not in the way of overtaxing as the other side wants. I take that back. Don't raise California Bay Area taxes, but raise the taxes across the nation to equal what we pay here in the Bay Area (same percentage). I believe you left the Bay Area because of the cost of living, how would you like paying what we pay? Where did Trump say he wants to eliminate "brown people"? I know he's against "illegal immigration, but for legal immigration, so I'm a bit confused?
I left in large part because I didn't want the stress levels of my existing career. COL was a side perk, but I still vote to raise taxes here when the end result is better for society. Moving away from a lot of people also reduces stress a lot and stress for me causes seizures.

Individuals inherently are selfish and will not give to people willingly. If the cost of my insurance is going up faster than the rate of my salary, what I would normally donate will go down to pay for my insurance. If we all (including the incredibly wealthy) paid taxes appropriately like every other developed nation, then I would have govt backed healthcare and wouldn't have to curtail how I spend to help others. My wife wouldn't have to hold back on starting her own business because the income drop was too much because we couldn't cover the total insurance and mandatory costs, because the prices kept going up. There are a lot of reasons why government sponsored societal aspects make a lot of sense and if you get past Fox news, you might actually learn some of them too.