Quantcast

You know what would be a cool movie?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
It would be pretty cool if someone got Will Ferrell to be in a movie where he was an untalented athlete in some kind of sport that requires talent. I dont know maybe something like figure skating or basketball or bowling or Nascar or soccer or something, where he isnt very good at it, and zany hijinks would ensue.
Also, needlessly showing his hairy and unfit body for a cheap laugh would never get old. You could just keep forcing him into short shorts or a leotard, and it would never get old.
Anyone ever thought of something like that?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Will Ferrell was kinda funny at first, but now it's abundantly clear that he has no creativity. He does the same damn thing over and over, and somehow finds a whole bunch of dip****s to laugh at it. :disgust1:

offsprung

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Rochester
Will Ferrell was kinda funny at first, but now it's abundantly clear that he has no creativity. He does the same damn thing over and over, and somehow finds a whole bunch of dip****s to laugh at it. :disgust1:
at no point in time was will ferrell ever funny.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
at no point in time was will ferrell ever funny.
When I said that, I was thinking of Anchorman, but now that I think about it some more, that had everything to do with the supporting cast, and nothing to do with Will Ferrell.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Basketball requires no talent?

Rex Grossman has a backup plan now.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not unlike Tom Cruise in the 80's with top gun/cocktail/days of thunder/color of money. All equally not so funny.

Although Color of Money was technically a sequel, it still followed the same recipe.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Im not saying Will Ferrell isnt funny...at times he is, but only as a supporting guy. Hilarious in old school, I thought. SNL he had some good skits, but the guy is getting old with this same old crap.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think he's funny, but I agree with the movie roles. Talladega Nights was great.

<edit> I find it funny because a few of my very good friends are true redneck NASCAR fans, so I can relate.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Where would Hollywood be with out it's formulas?
Maybe forced to make decent movies.

Although with that being said....I want to see Semi-pro. It looks damn funny to me (but nothing original).

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
:wtf:
So you are saying you enjoy looking at Will's unfit hairy body? Or the opposite, you'd rather look at Will with a fit cleanly shaven body? Please, do tell...:busted:
You are a complete and total moron. At no point in your incoherent rambling have you expressed anything that could be confused for rational thought. I award you no points, and my god have mercy on your soul.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
He's played different roles before, but no one sees the movies.

He was good in Stranger Than Fiction, but no one really went to see it.

People like their Ferrell dumb, and broad.

I agree it's hurting him though.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
It would be pretty cool if someone got Will Ferrell to be in a movie where he was an untalented athlete in some kind of sport that requires talent.
I know, I know, I know... They should get Eddie Murphy to dress as a surley, rotund woman of color to play opposite of Will Ferrell as the romantic lead. They should also have a talking baby 'cause talking babies are so cool.

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
ill go along with the rest of you.....will ferrel is just worn out.....

he was funny back in his snl days.....but that was mainly because he was surrounded by some other funny a$$ people......

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
You are a complete and total moron. At no point in your incoherent rambling have you expressed anything that could be confused for rational thought. I award you no points, and my god have mercy on your soul.
Coach Ditka dishing it out=:happydance:
Coach Ditka getting some back=:mad:
Chil dude. Just dish'n your platter back a lil. And if coach Ditka is Burly, then Shirley you can take a little of your own dish, yes? Be coo dude.

Phil McMahon.