Quantcast

You lazy bastards - Thursday Good Morning Thread

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Moar office! That's what I need, moar office.

Yanked up more floor last night, would have gotten it all, but the dumpster is full. "High impact" workout tonight, so the floor will have to wait until tomorrow. If we stay on schedule, new floor goes down this weekend.

Be safe out there.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
need more coffee, driving the fat bus this morning then spending the rest of the day in the office. Apparently as a bad joke the boss set up an interview for me this afternoon. From what I can deduce the applicant majored in Bible Study.....:bonk:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
You gotta love fresh parts in the spring.

I need my new cranks before I can ride my trials bike. I have been riding a lot lately, so it's already driving me nuts.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
usps.com>tracking
refresh
refresh
refresh
USPS tracking sucks.

I swear, it's only right about half the time, and even then it's usually 12 hours behind.

Case in point, I had a package the other day that I tracked from the correct source address, and a few days later it showed as delivered, so I checked with our mail room. No package. So I waited two more days to see if it got delivered to another office in the building and would make its way here. No dice. So finally I called the post office, and the man informed me - rudely - that he didn't care what I was seeing online, and that the package had just arrived at their facility that afternoon and would be delivered the next day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
4th day in a row of final exams. Paper due tomorrow then I try to make up for aboout 6 weeks of sleep deprivation.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Important meeting today. Also bought some shares today. Also my tuesday plan to finally get some sleep still stands.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
USPS tracking sucks.

I swear, it's only right about half the time, and even then it's usually 12 hours behind.

Case in point, I had a package the other day that I tracked from the correct source address, and a few days later it showed as delivered, so I checked with our mail room. No package. So I waited two more days to see if it got delivered to another office in the building and would make its way here. No dice. So finally I called the post office, and the man informed me - rudely - that he didn't care what I was seeing online, and that the package had just arrived at their facility that afternoon and would be delivered the next day.
The US Postal Service has crappy service? That is absolutely stunning!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just bought two pats of butter from the cafeteria at work to put on my lunch potato. They charged me fifty cents. According to my math, that comes to about $22.25/pound. At that price, the butter practically sells itself...to morons.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Had to find a new gate to hide under today. The city is working on gate 7, for all the airlines that don't use it I guess, and I couldn't handle listening to the city employees talk. Do you know how bad somebodies language has to be to offend me? I swear to the FSM the chick working with them must be trying to break a record for the most times somebody says "fvck" in a day.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Oy. It's Thursday. I keep wishing my weekdays away... and the weekends go too fast. So... I've got to find a way to enjoy work more.

Sounders had a miserable game last night. I had a good time with my two fav guys in the whole world.