Quantcast

You lucky high school students!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
You don't actually expect American HS students to act responsibly do you?
Mine does.

Honor roll student, does her chores, doesn't get in any real trouble.

You know why? We watch her like the Eye of Sauron.

She's not allowed to roam around after dark.
She's not allowed to hang out with her boyfriend alone.
She's not allowed to have her door closed if she has her boyfriend over.
We know where she is at all times and we make sure she checks in on her cell regularly.
If she fvcks up and doesn't call or changes plans without us knowing, we ground her.
If she wants to go hang at a friend's, we talk to the parents. If they aren't there, she doesn't go.
If her chores don't get done on time or she misses stuff, she gets none of her small allowance.
Homework comes first before anything.
Grades below a B are not tolerated. (She gets mostly A's)
She must have a part time job before summer.

And you know what? I don't give a flyin fvck if she's not happy with any of that.
:D

Any kid who gets pregnant in school has only the parents (or lack thereof) to blame. Period.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Mine does.

We know where she is at all times and we make sure she checks in on her cell regularly.
If she fvcks up and doesn't call or changes plans without us knowing, we ground her.
If she wants to go hang at a friend's, we talk to the parents. If they aren't there, she doesn't go.
If her chores don't get done on time or she misses stuff, she gets none of her small allowance.

And you know what? I don't give a flyin fvck if she's not happy with any of that.

Any kid who gets pregnant in school has only the parents (or lack thereof) to blame. Period.
Old school. I approve.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
We're the world's worst parents some days because we enforce those rules plus some on our 12 year old son.....

according to him.

But his belt stays above his underwear waistband and he pays for all his Scouting trips out of chore money and he's figured out that mountain bikes are cooler than xbox..

:clapping:to all the old school parents.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
All of the above is tempered with love. We talk to her, we listen. She respects us and we do the same. It makes all the difference.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
We actually have a few pregnate girls at our school, and it's really weird to see that. It really sad as well... I never had those rules at home, but i always did well in school and have never been in trouble with the police or any of that jazz. Kids are insane nowadays, and I don't see how some parents put up with half the **** that happens.

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
If you're so slow on the uptake that you can't figure out a condom, then maybe you shouldn't be allowed to graduate from high school. Take the bastards, put them in labor houses, and put the would be mommies to work in the local, state run, whore houses.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
and I don't see how some parents put up with half the **** that happens.
My kid knows that there is nothing she can put past us. The way I grew up (and my wife), we've seen it all and then some. We did most of it too.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Here is an idea DON'T GET PREGNANT IN HIGH SCHOOL.
well seeing as how schools preach about abstinence over protection **** like that does happen. i like this idea because it will hopefully mean that less teens who get pregnant will drop out of high school.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mine does.

I had a girlfriend in high school whose father was like that. I'd bang her in the parking lot where she worked during her lunch breaks.

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Would food stamps be accepted there?
I'd have to think about this.
On one hand she's not banging you to pay for baby formula.
On the other, like Ice Cube said in Boyz in da Hood:
Doughboy: Ho's gotta eat too.
Shalika: Who you callin' a ho', I ain't no ho'.
Doughboy: Oops, I'm sorry, bitch.

You could always try the "protein pickup" and see if they'll take your payment in trade.

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
I had a girlfriend in high school whose father was like that. I'd bang her in the parking lot where she worked during her lunch breaks.
You just threw his entire concept on its ear, and in the process ****ed up the rest of his day. When he puts her in a chastity belt you will become my new personal jeebus.

Rep given

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Mine does.

I approve this post.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
well seeing as how schools preach about abstinence over protection **** like that does happen. i like this idea because it will hopefully mean that less teens who get pregnant will drop out of high school.
How hard is it to put a condom on? The directions are on the box if you ever have any trouble, hell I think there is a hotline number too if you really are having trouble.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Your best bet is to have her watch your wife give birth. She will either be horrified or want to have one of her own.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
She will either be horrified or want to have one of her own.
How in the world will that make her want to have her own? OH look mom is screaming and sweating and hey look flesh is being torn too. When can I have a shot at this wild ride called child birth?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Your best bet is to have her watch your wife give birth. She will either be horrified or want to have one of her own.
So far I think the constant morning sickness has been a nice deterrent.

My wife gets dry heaves if she even thinks about something unpleasant.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Women are wired differently. I just know with my married friends all of them were childless until one of them had a kid, then all my friends wives wanted to have some screaming demon fall out of their vagholes.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
The thing about daughters is...if they're hot enough, someone is going to get in there eventually. Hell, even if they arent hot enough, dudes will stop at nothing. I hope to god I am mature enough that if I have a daughter, Im not a total idiot/insane about the issue when it finally goes down.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
The thing about daughters is...if they're hot enough, someone is going to get in there eventually. Hell, even if they arent hot enough, dudes will stop at nothing. I hope to god I am mature enough that if I have a daughter, Im not a total idiot/insane about the issue when it finally goes down.
Yeah this might be a problem with me and my daughter. I had a hard time with the losers my little sister would bring around when we were in high school/college. Sarah's in preschool now and she comes home and says "Wyatt hit me today." I want to go kick his little butt for her.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
One sign we are doing ok (and believe me, it's all fvcking guess work):

She was going out with one kid that we actually liked, and we told her so. Blond, clean cut, had a job, saving for a Mustang, plays guitar, listens to classic rock, cool parents, etc. Looked great on paper.

We had him over for dinner and he seemed really cool. Layed back, open, friendly.

We let her know that we like him and he seemed like a nice kid.

She dumped him within a few days.

DOH!

Then she started going out with an old friend of hers from middle school.
Short. Kinda obnoxious. Lives w/ his grandparents. Not a bad kid, but not someone we were too stoked about.

Turns out he is genuinely nice. He is very respectful and seems to be a very good friend to her.

She dumped the other dude not because we like him, (so we thought) but because he was a total Eddy Haskell. Total jerk when we weren't around. He was physically too pushy with her and she wasn't ready. She stood up for herself and told him to get bent.

Score one for instilling self esteem.