Quantcast

You people in the Mid Atlantic!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I feel skunked.... I think we might get a little this weekend but again it seems unsure how much.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We are expecting a couple of feet. That will make over 5 feet of snow so far this winter, insane for this area. We just don't have the infrastructure down here to deal with it.

I'm expecting to be stuck at home with no power for a few days with this one. Bought a case of Ramen Noodles and a handle of Jim beam. Charging up all my bike lights and wiring up my laptop and router to an inverter powered by a car battery. Spent a good portion of the morning staking out and supporting some trees that like to fall over when we get a good wet snow.

Lent my Subaru to a carless friend last week. Told him to stock up on supplies today because I am taking it back tomorrow morning.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
To think in the last month we've gotten over 2 feet of snow in 2 seperate snows when we haven't had 6 inches in 2 years. The sucky part is usually our snows are followed by heat that melts it away as soon as it came. But NOOOOO, we gotta have record lows to go with it. And oh, look...tonight we're scheduled for some delicious sleet/ice combos.

If we had any reason to have all the trucks/salt/sand, it wouldn't be so bad.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Yeah, save some for the olympics. bastids.

I might as well bring shorts and a sweater when I go

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Heard on the radio this AM that forecast is calling for 24" between Maryland and Virginia. For some reason this makes me laugh. I'm sure it's the end of world at all the supermarkets etc right now. OMG! SNOW!!1!!!!!!11!!!

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Heard on the radio this AM that forecast is calling for 24" between Maryland and Virginia. For some reason this makes me laugh. I'm sure it's the end of world at all the supermarkets etc right now. OMG! SNOW!!1!!!!!!11!!!
Yeah, foodmaggedon always precedes the snowpocalypse. Instead of inches of snow they should issue the storm forecasts in terms of the number of hours you'll wait in line to buy booze, milk, and TP. Everyone in line at the supermarket last night, down to the person, had an alcoholic beverage in their cart or basket.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Yeah I went to wal mart after work yesterday to get stuff for a party. BAD IDEA. Im not kidding when I say the bread aisle had maybe 10 loafs of regular bread left. No hamburger buns for me just an angry mob.

All handgun ammo was also sold out.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
someone just drove off of the road and into my front yard. Hey jackasses, AWD doesn't really help you stop or turn.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Yeah, foodmaggedon always precedes the snowpocalypse. Instead of inches of snow they should issue the storm forecasts in terms of the number of hours you'll wait in line to buy booze, milk, and TP. Everyone in line at the supermarket last night, down to the person, had an alcoholic beverage in their cart or basket.
you shop at the liquor store? I have never seen a supermarket in this area with booze... i thought that was a thing around here that you cant buy alcohol in grocery stores?

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
In VA and DC you can buy beer/wine in grocery stores and at gas stations. Having moved from there to MD, that has been one of the hardest things to get used to.

MD is such a nanny state.