Quantcast

You will find a bag in the seat back in front of you...

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Alert readers will already have discovered for themselves that the story about the Specialized Venom line is an April Fool's type prank. Specialized manufactures some of the world's best mountain bikes, but it has no plans to produce futuristic bicycles of this kind.

Verdra H. Ciretop first wrote the report about the Venom Line as a prank for half a dozen friends in November of 2004. If you read the article closely, you will notice several obvious clues that it was a hoax, including these:

The press conference date: November 31st? That's no more real than November 32nd is it?
The publication date: November 20th? Reporting a press conference that hasn't even happened yet?
The publisher name: "Loof Lirpa"? Doesn't that spell "April Fool" backwards?
The final bike: Isn't the "Specialized Cricket" clearly labelled a Bianchi?
The pictures: Steering anyone? Can the front wheels on most of these bikes even turn?
The science: "...a magnetically polarized rim that is suspended inside the frame, where it floats inside a magnetic suspension field"? You didn't really believe this did you?
The author: Isn't Verdra H. Ciretop the same reporter who told us about Bicycle Retirement Packages, Independent Magnetic Suspension, and Invisible Paint? We can't really expect to take his "Venom Line" any more seriously, can we?...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
bluebug32 said:
I like the copperhead
So do i. i couldn't find one anywhere but i found some on Ebay from some dude in Argentina. it's really expensive but i think i'm about to win the bid on it. :cool: