Quantcast

Your Aline report

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Angry Pivate is a super easy trail. My wife loves that trail. Im going to get her down Goats Gully this year.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
freeridekid said:
is angry pirate the one where you cross the road heading left and into the huge step-up into the woods? it seems like i remember going down it during a no joke run
There is something like that on NJ.

Upper AP is just to the right as you get off the lower chair lift. No step-ups there. It starts off in an open field, with a 30' or so long low-to-the-ground, skinny.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
one time my sweep was b-line to heart of atlantis to easy does it to rutabega, or somthing like that, it was pretty fun actully, took awhile to get down the hill that way. I dont think they always need people for the sweep, only on slower days right? On busy days they have enough employes to cover all the sweeps.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
fuzzycatnuts said:
one time my sweep was b-line to heart of atlantis to easy does it to rutabega, or somthing like that, it was pretty fun actully, took awhile to get down the hill that way. I dont think they always need people for the sweep, only on slower days right? On busy days they have enough employes to cover all the sweeps.
I thought sweeps weren't really a big deal until I crash and broke my arm on a Monday about 15 before closing time:mad: The mt. patrol was great, but they did need help tobogganing me down the hill.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
fuzzycatnuts said:
I dont think they always need people for the sweep, only on slower days right? On busy days they have enough employes to cover all the sweeps.
Not true.
I try to sweep every time I am up there. One more chance for a last run. In my couple of dozen times I have done it, I usually see only one Bike Patrol person at the top. Very seldom are there two. Most all the sweepers are usually the paying customers.:weee:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I love doin the sweep. You hardly ever see anyone. The best ride of my life was a sweep up Garbonzo. It was a few years ago and Garbonzo was super rough with a ton of cut tree stubs. It was probably the roughest trail I have ever ridden. I think there was only one trail down from Garbonzo at the time. We rode with Richie S. and his buddies.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
freeridekid said:
is angry pirate the one where you cross the road heading left and into the huge step-up into the woods? it seems like i remember going down it during a no joke run
Its on the lower part of the mountain. As you cross the bridge right off the lift you hang a right and ride through some mud (or on a skinny) and dive in the woods for some switchback fun