Quantcast

Your all gonna laugh at me

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
So I got a chance to listen to a set of $500 audio cables in my system and I heard a difference...

I NEVER heard the life get sucked out of the CD that I listened to by a set of audio cables before. The one thing that makes me not want to upgrade my system is the fact that music has life to it and these cables completely removed it.

FYI the CD was the Official IASCA 2001 Competition Disc

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Are you sure nobody turned the treble up on you?

Really though, what are the specs of your system? and that $500 cable?

edit: on 2nd read, you are saying that the $$ cable sounded worse?

Last edited:

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
I have an old pioneer receiver, old sony cd player and optimus speakers that at the time where getting good reviews (about ten years ago). It is in need of upgrading.

The cables that it replaced are a set of AudioQuest low end cables from about the same vintage.

The cables are what I can tell a braided solid silver construction.

Ok in my opinion you can tell a difference between cables but it is so slight that nobody can tell in a blind test.

I did a little test to see the capacitance of the cables are and it is higher on the $500 cables which would explain why they aren't as lively sounding

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
The only reason I even got a chance to do this is one of my friends got these on loan from another person who wants to try and bring them into the US.

I will be auditioning them on a more fitting system next week. But i doubt I'll feel different about them even if they sound much better in that system. Since these cables are more then I have in microphone cables (and I have around 500 feet of them)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ok in my opinion you can tell a difference between cables but it is so slight that nobody can tell in a blind test.
If you can tell a difference in cables, then you can tell in a blind test.

If you can't tell in a blind test, then there is no reason to believe that you can hear a difference, except for whatever difference your mind imposes on the cable because you know what it is.