Quantcast

Your biggest "epic fail"

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
So, post up some pics. of your worst moments on a bike. Looking for any f**k up photos of you guys one bikes. They can be funny or not...just bored and kind of curious what everyone else has done with their body/bones!

If I had a photo of me hulk smashing a tree with my hand in Angel Fire (breaking it in 4 places) I'd put that up. Left with these two.

Race run in Snowmass. Qualifying was smooth, race run...different story!!

Taking a break from DH. Me epically failing in a corner. End of the day and last lap, I was super tired!

Go to 2:53...its the video from my crash in snowmass (in slow motion!!)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
A third of the way down Porc Rim my pedal stripped.

Another...:D

Yeah, so nothing epic.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
awwww someone mussed their matching race kit ;)

I've had a lot of epic fails in my life. At my last job, I wanna say I had been there maybe a month and was invited out to lunch. When we got back to work, as we were walking in, I thought I had to fart but instead sharted myself. I beelined it to the closest bathroom. Thankfully my jeans were safe so I trashed my drawers and went commando the rest of the day.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
At my last job, I wanna say I had been there maybe a month and was invited out to lunch. When we got back to work, as we were walking in, I thought I had to fart but instead sharted myself. I beelined it to the closest bathroom. Thankfully my jeans were safe so I trashed my drawers and went commando the rest of the day.
TMI:bonk:

Snowflake

Monkey
Aug 10, 2009
Maryland
Oops.

Broke my patella in half, an hour before my first race.

Yup. lol.. Thankfully, it was practice.

Last edited:

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Oops.
Broke my patella in half, an hour before my first race.
This is a great photo. You're wearing white and pink knee socks, which would be enough to give you cool points even if I knew nothing else about you. But your knee is broken, you can't do your first race that you were undoubtedly looking forward to with equal amounts of dread and anticipation, and your response is to get a beer and an ice pack, and grin for a photo.

I hate to tell you, but this photo is full of win. :)

Hope you recovered well and are again ripping up trails.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I just remembered a pretty awesome vid clip I have... I'll try to dig it up at home tonight.

It was my first race at Mt Snow. There was a rock garden at the bottom of the course that was pretty nasty b/c we had gotten a ton of rain. I pinned it down the entire garden, then as I was about to turn to exit that wooded section back onto the ski slope, my front end washed out and I fell into a huge puddle. You can hear the crowd in the background too :rofl: Jim Mac and VooDooHoo were there for it as well.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Um... Plattekill. My third DH race ever. New (to me) bike.

Of course, it's raining, and of course, I'm terrified, but determined.

My first good crash twisted up my handlebars such that they were turned about 15° off of center. Run around front and tug on the bars to get them straight again. OK! Good to go, and I take off.

My second good crash, I have to pull my bike out of the trees. Somewhere between the crash and bike retrieval, I dislodge my front brake cable (Hopes). I now have no front brake, and have no idea how to fix it. I figure it's broken. But the clock is ticking and I have to race!! Back on the bike, handlebars slightly skewed, no front brake.

There's this steep 9' descent that CAN be rolled if you're going slowly enough. I've been riding a mountain bike for about a year at this point, I have no idea what I'm doing, and come in waaaay too fast, sail over the edge, and land on my chest at the bottom of the hill, knocking the wind out of me. When I can breathe again, I crawl to my bike, which is about two feet away, get to my feet, throw a leg over the bike, and discover the chain is off the ring and jammed in the front derailleur. Yes, I have a front derailleur. It's a 6"-travel AM bike.

I tug at the chain, which finally comes free, put the chain back on, and finish my race as best I can, with a few more crashes before I blessedly cross the finish line.

It may very well have been my worst race ever, but I have a few others that would be in the running...

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
SKA YES

damn dude...can you walk now, how bad was it?
bad yes... it was three years ago. i now have full (100%) movement and strength recovery in the knee itsself from atrophy is about 95%. it hurt really bad. and i mean really bad. i am usually pretty good about broken bones and such, but this was another level of pain. it honestly felt like my entire leg was on fire. however, pt was probably way more uncomfortable. my therapist would actually spend about 20mins every session folding my knee to tear apart the new scar tissue that had formed to try and get movement back.

and i have no idea what "SKA Yes" means. the doc wrote it on my leg. if someone on here is an orthopedic maybe they would know.

Snowflake

Monkey
Aug 10, 2009
Maryland
This is a great photo. You're wearing white and pink knee socks, which would be enough to give you cool points even if I knew nothing else about you. But your knee is broken, you can't do your first race that you were undoubtedly looking forward to with equal amounts of dread and anticipation, and your response is to get a beer and an ice pack, and grin for a photo.

I hate to tell you, but this photo is full of win. :)

Hope you recovered well and are again ripping up trails.
:stupid:
I was thinking the same thing.

I hope this doesn't take away from the picture..

But, I still raced. :girlwacko:

Oh, and I had whiplash from that crash, too. Dartman saw me flying. lol As far as recovery goes.. I never really quit riding. =)

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I died and came back as the Bicycle Messiah... You all have failed to see the Miracle I have bestowed on you. If you send me Money or bacon I may consider saving a few of your souls. PM me for details on how to get your cash to me. I have some pics of my resurrection but you mortals cannot see my image in them so I won't waste your time posting them here..... I'm effing gorgeous by the way....

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
hey hey hey, it may have taken a few trys, but it did end up working in the end. besides it was still under 40 pounds with 6 inches of travel

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Haha, nice. I remember when I first started riding BMX years ago...I did that stuff many times.
I quit BMX after I was doing a bar spin off a set of six stairs and landed with the bars turned into my chest and it happened to happen when my feet also slipped off. It hurt quite a bit to say the least!