Quantcast

Your Day just got longer (well sort of)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/07/22/congress.daylighttime.ap/index.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- An agreement was reached Thursday to extend daylight-saving time in an effort to conserve energy, but not to the extent the House approved in April.

House and Senate negotiators on an energy bill agreed to begin daylight-saving time three weeks earlier, on the second Sunday in March, and extend it by one week to the first Sunday in November. The House bill would have added a month in the spring and another in the fall.
JeremyR's idea of blinky hats didn't go over so well.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I think I might go against the grain and follow the old rules. Hell, everyone should adjust their time zones to fit mine...I'm just that cool.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Uh I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you didnt N8 him since it is a follow up. It didnt happen quite the way your article stated 3 months ago

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Details.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Jeremy R said:
Ha ha. How did you remember that?
Year round is the answer.
Kids love blinky hats.
That is why they sell them at the fair.
I need to have a talk with this "congress." ;)
No way I'll ever forget it. It was one of the funniest things I have read in my life.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
jdschall said:
No, some how I missed that. Please 'enlighten' me.
I have nothing of further value to add to this thread, but I just wanted to let you know I freakin love your avatar. I can't help but laugh everytime I see it. Thanks for posting...hehe.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
jdschall said:
Thanks. Why, It's a pipebomb for to blow up the planned parenthood...
I don't really know why I think it's funny, it just is. From where is it from? I know (or at least I think) there was a little cartoon boy too, but that's all I can remember.