Quantcast

Your desktop thread version 3.2

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I've got a Mac which allows me to set up my background like a slideshow. What I did was go to different manufacture's websites and find pictures of bikes I wouldn't mind having on white backgrounds and set them to fade to the next one every minute so it looks like just the bike is changing while the white stays the same.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
There's a utility called "Grab" in the utilities folder under Applications. Pretty straight foreword program, then you're going to have to open iPhoto and export it to a different format. Considering it's a mac it should be easier, but it isn't. Heres my desktop( it changes to other bikes on white backgrounds):

Attachments

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
kinghami3 said:
There's a utility called "Grab" in the utilities folder under Applications. Pretty straight foreword program, then you're going to have to open iPhoto and export it to a different format. Considering it's a mac it should be easier, but it isn't. Heres my desktop:
actually it IS easier than that: command-shift-3 takes the whole screen, command-shift-4 lets you draw a rectangle of what you want to capture. this will result in something like Picture 1.pdf on your desktop. open this with Preview (in Applications), File -> Export to jpeg. (i resized mine in photoshop but that's only since i'm a considerate guy :D )

note calendar events on desktop via iCalViewer

http://www.icalviewer.com/

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Toshi said:
actually it IS easier than that: command-shift-3 takes the whole screen, command-shift-4 lets you draw a rectangle of what you want to capture. this will result in something like Picture 1.pdf on your desktop. open this with Preview (in Applications), File -> Export to jpeg. (i resized mine in photoshop but that's only since i'm a considerate guy :D )

note calendar events on desktop via iCalViewer

http://www.icalviewer.com/
Nice, I didn't realize you could do that. How do you upload a picture that big then? When I try it will only let me do one about 400 x 300 pixels.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
MudGrrl said:
yes...I am sporting dual monitors
how mac-like of you :D :oink:

to the poster above: you can shrink stuff in resolution in graphicconverter, iphoto (through file export), or photoshop, or you can keep the resolution but specify a target file size (like 85000 bytes) in the jpeg export pane of Preview (File->Export then pick jpeg as before, click options)