Quantcast

Your Favorite Energy Bar

R

RideMonkey

They all make me want to puke except one: Vanilla Bean GU

R

RideMonkey

I like to cook up sausage links and take those with me.

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Long live the Double Caffine Tangerine Power Gel!!!! If I have to, I can stomach the carot cake cliff bars or the ginger snap ones....I bend the hell out of the regular power bars! ;)

Too bad Balance bars are for women, they taste pretty good, but Sista Kreep didn't like the breasts I was growing!:eek: :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm with Acadian....I'll eat just about any energy or protein bar. My favorite energy bars are Clif Carrot Cake and Chocolate Java Avalanche. My favorite protein bar is Labrada Lean Body Strawberry Shortcake.

I won't eat any protein bars by Worldwide Nutrition. They upset my stomach.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Are you guys serious about the carrot cake Cliff bar. I usually love all clifs but this one I hated!

My favorite is Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch .

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
lately I've dumped clif bars etc entirely.
I usually carry some almonds and dried fruit slices in a baggie, my go-to apple, and a pack or two of skratch chews. Assuming I've eaten proper meals that's enough to get me through any ride.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Clif-bar=poop

1st gen powerbar=brick building material

Luna bars are made by clif and somehow taste far better to me. Pisses me off though for the same price you get less, so I don't buy them.

lately I've dumped clif bars etc entirely.
I usually carry some almonds and dried fruit slices in a baggie, my go-to apple, and a pack or two of skratch chews. Assuming I've eaten proper meals that's enough to get me through any ride.
Unsalted mixed nuts, check. Granola, check. Dried fruit with no added sugar, check. PB&J, check. Kind bars, check.

Indigestible plastic disguised as energy food, no fucking way.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the only "supplement" i use is electrolyte tablets so i don't lose salts.

i have some clif gel things that are ok, got them cheap, doubt i'll get more.

i've made my own before, bunch of recipes in "feed zone portables" and the original "feed zone". most are rice based with fruit / nuts / chocolate and a binder like honey/agave.

the only "supplement" i use is electrolyte tablets so i don't lose salts.

i have some clif gel things that are ok, got them cheap, doubt i'll get more.

i've made my own before, bunch of recipes in "feed zone portables" and the original "feed zone". most are rice based with fruit / nuts / chocolate and a binder like honey/agave.
Electrolyte tablets are useless. Read Waterlogged, by Tim Noakes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Electrolyte tablets are useless. Read Waterlogged, by Tim Noakes.

Have not read the books, but I have to disagree. Not sure what context you are referring to but when I have been riding a lot, extra electrolytes are necessary.

What I mean by a lot are hot rides over 4 hours, or 3 hours if you are doing long hot rides on a regular basis. Anything shorter than that I my experience is that is not necessary. It may however be important to get a little more na/mg/ca in your normal diet if you are sweating shitloads daily.

I used to get nasty headaches if I didn't up my salt intake when I was putting down 200 miles a week in the summer. French fries were a great source of na/mg. However, that intake wasn't terribly necessary during shorter rides.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Bobo's oat bars are tasty treats on long rides.

I am happy with a wide variety of processed food bars when hungry on long rides though. Day old pb n' j is king, imo. But yeah eat some of those Bobo bars and you can get em at your local hippy grocery market.