Quantcast

Your favorite food and beer in Whistler

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Title says it all. There are not too many things in life better than a good meal after an amazing day in the bike park. So where do you eat and what beer do you drink? Maybe post a price with your post.

I like Merlin's by the base of Blackcomb, 10$ pitchers and 5$ burger and fries. Avalanche Pizza and Splitz are also really good and reasonable priced. I think my favorite place is Portabellos, its like a European style deli/bakery; for less than 10$ I'm usually full.

Caramba. Don't go there if you're looking for a cheap dinner. Dinner for 2 with drinks was about $90. Incredible Italian food though. The Fettucini Natasha was fantastic. My next favorite is the Mongolian Grill. You pay by weight so you gotta watch how much you put in that bowl.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
sandwich- portabelos cant beat them for the price 3.50 half sandwich 7 (i think) whole and you can put anything on it and as much as you want, sometimes you cant fit them in your mouth

cittas- best patio/locals atmosphere/drinking/eating in town. food is aweosme from burgers, pizza, salad, wings and nachos plus daily drink specials on all types on booze.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I was kind of disappointed by the beer selection at the Brewhouse. I like porters and stouts; but all of their stuff seemed to be various forms of pales and lagers.

+1 on Merlins. We were staying at the Marriott up the hill in Blackcomb and was pleasantly surpised to stumble on it.

mtbforlife

Chimp
Mar 3, 2007
Tacoma,WA
If youstay at a place that has a kittchen and you can cook you can save yourself a bunch of money. I also brought my own beer, because their "Beer" sucks! I did eat out at the Sushi place right by the chair lift and it was good.

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
If youstay at a place that has a kittchen and you can cook you can save yourself a bunch of money.
I disagree! Because food is so expensive up there! We went in June for 3 days, ate out every meal and spent less than we did this past weekend when we split a condo with anothe couple and ate in. Stayed and rode the same amount of time each time.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
My patio....and some uni-broue beer (any of them)...

when I go out its Brandys or blacks. If I want to get drunk cheap, merlins.

Certified Drunk

SVT-Lightning
Feb 17, 2002
Zippy's Burgers
splitz all the way, soo good :)
the mongolian grill is tastey but i made the mistake of piling on the food and had to pay like 35$ for dinner
The mogolian grill is a rip-off! How many places sell food by the weight? I could see it at a high end place, but not there.

Chang's mongolian grill, all you can eat for $11.95

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
hey guys where's a good place to eat thats not so casual and not super pricey but still good food?
A restaurant on the cheap?...Blacks isn't to bad (their pizza is ****en eh). Longhorn is ok but always packed. Spagetti Factory is decent at times and probably the best price in town.

I would also say brew house as well, but I am not a fan of their beer so tend to avoid it.

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
Yea I got hosed at that mongolian grill last year. I eat a LOT of mongolian grill in Portland and I have the sauce combo on lock. The problem is I used 4x as much as normal so my bowls were basically full of liquid to the top. The whole 'pay by weight' thing didn't really sink in, so I bet I had a whole extra lb. worth of sauce in there :(

Oh well, live and learn.