Quantcast

Your favorite frozen boxed grocery store pizzas

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Speaking of pizza threads...

Obviously it's tough to beat a good restaurant pizza or homemade pizza, but you can't always eat the best the culinary world has to offer.

So, what are some of the "better" pizzas you've had (if any) from the frozen food aisle of the grocery store? I like the Mystic Pizzas.

I liken this to the "favorite cheap beer" thread. :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I Are Baboon said:
Speaking of pizza threads...

Obviously it's tough to beat a good restaurant pizza or homemade pizza, but you can't always eat the best the culinary world has to offer.

So, what are some of the "better" pizzas you've had (if any) from the frozen food aisle of the grocery store? I like the Mystic Pizzas.

I liken this to the "favorite cheap beer" thread. :D
Bobolli. (sp?)

Pre-heat oven to 450, throw it on a cookie sheet, use the sauce it comes with, cover w/ pre-shredded cheese, add some stuff, throw in oven.

Takes less time total time than frozen pizza, and tastes WAY better.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I like Bobolis but I don't really consider them a frozen pizza. It's just a shell, then you can dress up the pizza any way you want. I certainly do eat my fair share of Bobolis. :)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
no frozen pizza for us. If I am feeling super lazy I buy the pre-made crust and do it up from there but i just can't do the frozen stuff. The flavor is really weird and the crust texture creeps me out. Reminds me of cafeteria food.

I just make dough at home in large batches and freeze. Its really easy to make with practice. It thaws super fast and it sooooooo much better than frozen or store bought anything.

Sometimes i get the strangest craving for bagel bites though.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Frechetta (sp?), those are pretty decent. I had Mystic the other day for the first time and I was impressed. But my FAVORITE when it comes to frozen are Stouffers French Bread Pizzas!! Soooo Good!! :drool:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
People seem to be missing this part...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
American Flatbread (from VT):

Amy's

California Pizza Kitchen

Stop and Stop has a decent store brand pizza thats imported from Italy. There is a great one w/goat cheese, tomato slices, basil, and perfect crust.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I Are Baboon said:
Well I only said "frozen" twice. Perhaps the third time is the charm. :D

I agree with you on those Stouffer's french bread ones.
If I were to describe my last encounter with a frozen pizza, I might be banned from this forum.

Or at least this thread...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Trainwreck said:
Actually Safeway stores here make a fresh pizza in their deli- sorry, not frozen- but they are cheap and taste great. And a buck off on Fridays!
I tried to buy one of those once, but it was too big to fit in a sack or my backpack, so I passed. :rofl:

DiGiorno's rising crust pizzas are edible.

Raacerx

Monkey
Didnt even read other people's responses but...

Trader Joes. Hands down. Every single one of their pizzas rock, but I especially like the 3 or 4 cheese. Specifically, you can start with that as a base and then throw on some extra toppings.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I spent a summer during high school working evenings on clean-up crew at a frozen pizza factory. I haven't touched one since. :blah: