Quantcast

Your first car

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
reading PSP's post about his Vdub made me think about the first car i owned. so lets all make fun of each others first cars. as usual being the OP i'll get the wheels rolling

i was the lucky reciepient of a 1973 Ford Torino. 2 dr, kinda burnt orange paint with the tan vinyl roof and matching interior. bench front seat which was handy so the gf of the moment could sit next to you. also had a huge back seat for even more convenience with the gf of the moment!! manual roll down windows, no a/c. 2 body trunk. had it for a little over a year until the timing belt went on it. don't remember how many miles on it but i put that backseat to good use!!

as a side note.... a kid i grew up with on my street had a Gran Torino like the one Clint Eastwood uses in his new movie. that was a kick ass ride!!! his was the same green color too.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Mazda GLC -- 3 dr -- got it on a Monday and some idiot in his mama's El Camino made a left turn in front of me on Friday. It was totaled, and he had a chip missing from the front.

I think this is even the same color:

Last edited:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Mazda GLC -- 3 dr -- got it on a Monday and some idiot in his mama's El Camino made a left turn in front of me on Friday. It was totaled, and he had a chip missing from the front.
So lesson here children,

El Camino > Mazda GLC

BTW First car I bought was a 94 del Sol. the trunk can hold two bikes and the roof. :happydance:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
1987 Mercury Tracer, which was actually a rebadged Mazda 323.

Four speed manual. Actually a decent little car, except for the fact that the heater and defroster was woefully underpowered for an Edmonton winter.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
1991 toyota camery in faded maroon...followed shortly by an even more awesome 1992 toyota tercel. that thing was amazing; it took 5 of us skinny little high schoolers to lift it up and move it a full car space at 7/11.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
1993 Porsche 911.
It lasted for about 14 hours.
Thanks grandpa!

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Woke up my 16th birthday, no car, just some new parts for my bike.
Went down with mom to the DMV, took the test in my Dad's Suburban. Got a 97.

Mom and I went home, and on the way her phone rang. She said we needed to go to the airport real quick, so we trucked over. She dropped me off at South West, said "have fun" and gave me a ticket.

Flew down to SFO, grandpa came and got me in his car.
Drove over to Carlsen Porsche, and they had a new black 911 sitting there for me.

Grandpa just grinned, threw me some keys, and told me to get home.

Turns out my friends planned a surprise for me, so we had a big ass party.

Driving home at about 4:30am, knowing I was grounded, I hit about 120 going down a hill here in Reno, and some jackass ran the light down the hill. I hit the brakes, got it sideways, hooked it over the "sky bump" in the road. Flipped 10 times.

Broke my hand, my right arm and whacked my head pretty good.

Other lady was "why did you wreck your car..." I was pissed.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Woke up my 16th birthday, no car, just some new parts for my bike.
Went down with mom to the DMV, took the test in my Dad's Suburban. Got a 97.

Mom and I went home, and on the way her phone rang. She said we needed to go to the airport real quick, so we trucked over. She dropped me off at South West, said "have fun" and gave me a ticket.

Flew down to SFO, grandpa came and got me in his car.
Drove over to Carlsen Porsche, and they had a new black 911 sitting there for me.

Grandpa just grinned, threw me some keys, and told me to get home.

Turns out my friends planned a surprise for me, so we had a big ass party.

Driving home at about 4:30am, knowing I was grounded, I hit about 120 going down a hill here in Reno, and some jackass ran the light down the hill. I hit the brakes, got it sideways, hooked it over the "sky bump" in the road. Flipped 10 times.

Broke my hand, my right arm and whacked my head pretty good.

Other lady was "why did you wreck your car..." I was pissed.
Damn. That sucks.

Though I have to say, a brand new 911 is probably about the most kickass 16th birthday present either. Wish I'd gotten something a tenth that cool.

MTBracer

Monkey
Nov 19, 2007
Massachusetts
Hmm, my first car is (haha...just got it:biggrin:) a 1992 Chevy Blazer Tahoe LT
Less than 50k miles, sweeeet condition :banana:

*linky to bigger image*^^^

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
First car was a 1989 BMW 325i. Bought it for $2,000 and put about $7,000 in mods into it. It was by far my favorite car that I've driven. Sadly...I started racing DH and sold that car about a year ago (only owned it for a year) and bought a 2000 Toyota Tacoma. Planing on doing a long travel kit on that one.

Moral of the story is, if you ride DH...own a truck! Miss that car SOOOOOOOOO much though!

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
1980 Oldsmobile 98. My dad seemed to find the biggest car out there. It was like a yacht, but without all the caviar and prestige.

like this:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I have a long travel kit on my Tacoma right now.

Unless you're really out boonie bashing, you only really need a 2" lift all the way around and some 32" tires.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Dirt you have topped all of my dubass car escapades. Yeah I did beat you in the amount of time behind the wheel of my new car (2 hours) but I didnt total it, and it was certainly no 911.

My dad gave me his old car 2000 Jetta VR6 with 180k miles on it. It now has 207k. I just bought my first project car last week, 83 GTI.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I have a long travel kit on my Tacoma right now.

Unless you're really out boonie bashing, you only really need a 2" lift all the way around and some 32" tires.
Very true. But ya...I LOVE rhomping the crap out of my truck, especially when I'm going to the local moto track and flying down the whooped out dirt road!

My buddy has a sick '06 long travel tacoma and that thing is badass.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The first car I bought wasn't really a "car" it was a Blue 1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 with 12000 miles on it in 1975 for 2400 dollars. It was stock except for a Warn 8000 winch on the front. I immediately added a roll bar and some KC Off Road lights.

similar to this one

Last edited:

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
Maroon 1977 Volvo 240 Wagon with sacked out suspension and vinyl seats. It could fit an 8'8" longboard inside, or at least two bikes.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
1991 toyota Corolla with a blown headcasket and disconnected muffler...it was fun and i burned alot of gas...but it was an AT and i hated it!!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Introducing the Holden HQ sedan & stationwagon:

I have owned 5 of them in my youth. Great surf wagons & mtb wagons.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
My first car was a 1964 Beetle with a 1600cc and a 4 sp. That car was nothing but problems on the inside, but the interior and exterior were cherry.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
at 27 I've only owned two cars in my life. My first card was a hand me down Oldsmobile '88. I put a trunk rack on it and we would pile a bunch of people in to go ride....good times in that car

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
My first was a '73 Grand Am 400 cid, 400 turbo tranny. It soon got replaced with a 421 Tri-Power out of a '65 Gran Prix with 376 hp...a couple weeks on the engine stand eventually netted about 560 hp. Got me put in jail....so fun.