Quantcast

Your go-to tools

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
The recent Park Tool thread has me looking for some new T-handle hex tools. I have some of the Park ones that have been OK, but never blew me away. What is everyone's favorite T-handled tools?

I was looking at the Feedback sports ones, but can't find a ton of reviews. The ones I have found are positive though. They look nicely built with s2 steel and can be bought individually (the part I like vs Silica)

Other brands outside of the bike industry are welcome too. Looking for $15-18 per tool price and preferably the option to be bought individually.

(this can be moved to "the shop" if deemed necessary) :pirate:

-Brett

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Feedback is local and I know a couple of those peeps. I'm a fan of all of their stuff, but haven't any of the hand tools.
Lifetime Warranty? What do you have to lose?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
As a rule, if it’s a non bike specific tool, I get a regular tool brand, usually cheaper, better quality and better warranty.

I have Mac and Matco T handles, I prefer the Mac, and prefer both over Snap-on. Proto, Wera abd Bohndas are also top top.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dewalt Angle Grinder

It it can't fix it just throw it away.

Also good for removing serial numbers, fingerprints on a corpse, dis-assembling deceased prostitutes, cutting padlocks, cutting handcuffs,

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Don’t forget the original use: wallowing out 15mm fork dropouts to 20mm

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I am using a T-handle that can take bits (hold in by a magnet), which is awesome because you can get the best bits and it doesn't take much space. Bought it years ago and can't remember the brand and haven't seen something similar in years. It is black/red, so Park did not sue them out of business.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
I have looked at several non bike brands that are in similar design to the silca / feedback / Pedro's T handles, and they are just as expensive or more in this instance.

Since you're getting rid of all your Park junk, I'll buy them for $10 if you want. Let me know.
My tools are a hodgepodge of different brands, just my main two t-handle's are Park.

Pedros for T-handles.
Those look really good too

-Brett

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Bondhus makes Park hex wrenches Fwiw.
Just so you know that you can now hate Bondhus too.
Thanks, so the thing that Park is adding to the product is the color blue.

Awesome, I just lost more respect for Park.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Thanks, so the thing that Park is adding to the product is the color blue.

Awesome, I just lost more respect for Park.
Right. Cause Pedro's and Wrench force and Ice tool and... all make their own hex wrenches:rofl::rofl::rofl:.
You've got a lot to learn. Next you'll think that Trek makes their own bikes! Lololololololol!

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The recent Park Tool thread has me looking for some new T-handle hex tools. I have some of the Park ones that have been OK, but never blew me away. What is everyone's favorite T-handled tools?

I was looking at the Feedback sports ones, but can't find a ton of reviews. The ones I have found are positive though. They look nicely built with s2 steel and can be bought individually (the part I like vs Silica)

Other brands outside of the bike industry are welcome too. Looking for $15-18 per tool price and preferably the option to be bought individually.

(this can be moved to "the shop" if deemed necessary) :pirate:

-Brett
also back on topic,
the bondhus t handle hex wrenches have been performing just fine for me. If you want to get fancy, the Wera L handle Hex plus set I mentioned is sweet.
https://www.kctoolco.com/wera-073596-hex-ball-end-hex-metric-l-key-clip-set/

also KCtoolco is pretty superb for looking at and drooling over german tools

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Right. Cause Pedro's and Wrench force and Ice tool and... all make their own hex wrenches:rofl::rofl::rofl:.
You've got a lot to learn. Next you'll think that Trek makes their own bikes! Lololololololol!
Yeah, but trek doesn’t get all bent out of shape if someone else makes a red bike.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Side note: Whoever invented ball end Allen drivers should be shot.
Why? they allow me to adjust my shifters/brakes/grips without having to undo and move everything (as one usually blocks the other).

Obviously you don't go hamfisting a round object into a square hole. :busted:

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
also back on topic,
the bondhus t handle hex wrenches have been performing just fine for me. If you want to get fancy, the Wera L handle Hex plus set I mentioned is sweet.
https://www.kctoolco.com/wera-073596-hex-ball-end-hex-metric-l-key-clip-set/

also KCtoolco is pretty superb for looking at and drooling over german tools
Wow, good selection of all of the finest German tool comps indeed. Even Stahlwille, which to me is the only manufacturer topping Hazet. I used to work with them doing calibration works in German and Swiss nuclear power plants. Awesome quality.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
I have a set of these that I like.

http://www.bondhus.com/hex-pro/index.html

If not using those then it's Wera Hex Plus bits in a cheap small ratchet driver. I'd love to have a set of the Wera Hex Plus done in the pivoting style of the Hex-Pro above. This reminds me I need to order a set of the Torx Hex-Pro bendy keys.

If you're not familiar with Hex-Plus.

https://www-de.wera.de/en/great-tools/hex-plus/

For cable cutters go Knipex 95 61 190 wire rope cutters. So nice.

CheetaMike

Monkey
Jul 17, 2016
Whonnock BC Canada
Hazet makes some killer hammers , as a machinist I prefer their plastic tipped hammers. They work way better than any No bounce hammer. Wera makes some of the best Torx screwdrivers out there as well .

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Not their specs so....
Just because they make them, does not mean they are equivalent to something they put their own name on.
Where'd you find this info from? Just curious

"Hey guys, I know we strive on making quality products that are top notch, but let's let up on the quality and make some junk! What'dya say?!"

From their website-

"With some 70 competitors worldwide, no one seriously disputes the overwhelming dominance of Bondhus Corporation in the world of ball end hex tools. Bondhus tools turn up everywhere! They can be found in tool boxes around the globe, on every continent and in over 80 countries from Taiwan to Brazil and from Sweden to Japan. Machinists and automotive repair shops find them indispensable. Printing press operators use them in Singapore, South Dakota, and Saudi Arabia - so do dentists and the makers of artificial limbs. Bicycle repair kits everywhere contain some version of our tools. Jazz, rock, and pop musicians who play guitars also use Bondhus tools."

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Where'd you find this info from? Just curious

"Hey guys, I know we strive on making quality products that are top notch, but let's let up on the quality and make some junk! What'dya say?!"
While I doubt he found any evidence of this, you can't be so naive to not know this is extremely common for companies that contract out and make stuff. Just like how people think Brembo is the end-all of amazing disc brakes and they also make bottom-of-the-line OEM crap that gets put on a honda pilot and all sorts of other brands.