Quantcast

Your Hardtail/rigid/rubberband cross country rigs, lets see 'em

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
VA2SLOride said:
Just ordered an On-One Inbred....steel HT with a Manitou Black (100mm). Pics will definately be posted eventually. I'm just stoked and had to throw this in here!!
Nice! Is it a geared or ss Inbred?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
ianmitch said:
hello, i'm new here, so here's my bike:

this thing flies through the singletrack, and climbs like a scared monkey!
broke my collarbone yesterday tho, so no riding for a while :-(
Nice ride! :thumb: and Welcome to the :monkey: !!! :D

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
chicodude01 said:
Cheap, And good, And light.
*And a better fork, of course*
Did you say "And" enough, maybe you should check your grammar before posting....

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
ianmitch said:
hello, i'm new here, so here's my bike:

this thing flies through the singletrack, and climbs like a scared monkey!
broke my collarbone yesterday tho, so no riding for a while :-(
the brakes....is that a euro thing?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Just James said:
Mmm, purty...
Is that the one you're selling? How come/how much?
How's Hudson today?
Do you know anyone with the last name of Santaguida?
To keep this on-topic, I'll finally have pics of my new XC rig tomorrow hopefully...

JJames
It's a bad photo, it's actaully more purty. Yeah thats the one I;m kinda selling, not really actively trying to, but if an offer came along I'd consider it. I got the bike last spring, spend a fortune even though I got a pro deal on t. I just never ride it, I've stopped racing mountain bikes. I have no friends that ride anymore, all the trails here have been or are being develloped on. So it's like I have to drive 2 hours to go anywhere deasant.

Hudson's good lol rather cold though :rolleyes: we've been having nice weather, than today it dropped to -15 plus strong wind.
Santaguida....doesn;t ring a bell. :think:

ianmitch

Chimp
Feb 20, 2005
ss'er from bristol, england
cheers guys. what do you mean about the brakes? v-brakes in general? or where they are on the forks?
pace say that brakes should be on the back of the fork legs, as under braking the brakes are forced harder on to the rims rather than away from them. plus it looks different!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
whoa I have never seen that slingshot bike before. There is no way I would feel safe taking any kind of drop on that thing, it looks about as strong as a wet noodle.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
GumbaFish said:
whoa I have never seen that slingshot bike before. There is no way I would feel safe taking any kind of drop on that thing, it looks about as strong as a wet noodle.

I think they are cool - and they work - I know it first hand because a woman on a SS version schooled me at the 24 Hours of Dalton on my night lap! Went by me like I was standing still (well I practically was). :blah:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
blue said:
Used to be mine...I want her back.

Awesome! I always loved Schwinn Homegrown bikes, especially the paint jobs. I think my two favorite production bikes ever are the Homegrown HTs from the late 90s area and the 4-Banger Homegrown.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
JRogers said:
Awesome! I always loved Schwinn Homegrown bikes, especially the paint jobs. I think my two favorite production bikes ever are the Homegrown HTs from the late 90s area and the 4-Banger Homegrown.
I hated the gold/black scheme, although it was the highest level Homegrown they made (Factory, by Yeti). I liked the paint on the Team, a nice red/silver..mmm...

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
blue said:
I hated the gold/black scheme, although it was the highest level Homegrown they made (Factory, by Yeti). I liked the paint on the Team, a nice red/silver..mmm...
IS that one of the older homegrowns? Like before schwinn was taking over by Pacific Cycles????

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
JMAC said:
IS that one of the older homegrowns? Like before schwinn was taking over by Pacific Cycles????
Yes. Even a few years (1-2?) before the Pacific buyout, I believe they stared making the Homegrown HT models in solid colors, anodized gold (pimp as it gets) and ano black on the higher models, solid powder colors on the lower ones.

Oh, and I still love the black/gold.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
JRogers said:
Yes. Even a few years (1-2?) before the Pacific buyout, I believe they stared making the Homegrown HT models in solid colors, anodized gold (pimp as it gets) and ano black on the higher models, solid powder colors on the lower ones.

Oh, and I still love the black/gold.
Yeah, although the newer Homegrowns (2000-02) after the bankruptcy weren't nearly as nice...no longer made by Yeti, in fact, I think the lower level ones were made in Taiwan, making Homegrown sort of an oxymoron.

I want another. If I find another 99 Team or Factory, I'm snapping it up.