Quantcast

Your joking...Right?

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
So, I have been getting really bad haircuts latley. The kind where you end up wearing a hat everyday for a week. Anyway, my wife says that she made me an appointment at an upscale barbershop in Seattle. I had no idea what i was getting myself into, so I went to the appointment.

Sparkling water, a head massage by a hot 25 year old, and haircut and I was out the door-just had to pay. When the woman told me what I owed, I thought she was kidding. I am embarassed to say how much, but lets just say I could have picked up a new set of Kenda Nevegals for that amount. Never again. :banghead:

How much do you pay for a good haircut?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
$15 for a pair of clippers from ROSS. All of my haircuts are already paid for at this point.

In the past, I won't go anywhere better than Supercuts. I know that doesn't say much, but its cheap and usually looks pretty good.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Grow some balls and find an old school barber. You'll get a better cut, and you won't pay out the ass for it. You didn't go to a barbershop, you went to a beauty parlor...

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
25 plus tip and I usually grab a a few 6 packs when I go there.

My barber is a good friend, and you can drink before during and after the hair cut.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
When I lived in LA I would go to the same salon as my girlfriend. It was actually pretty bitchin. Pretty much all the gals that worked there were tatted out rocker chicks who were super cool. It was $45 a cut plus tip.

Oh, and they served beer to me while they would cut my hair. At no extra charge. :cheers:

RyanSG

Chimp
Apr 1, 2004
I too have made the same mistake except my wife didn't make the appointment. I walked in and asked for a cut. I was happy with the cut but I never set foot in the place again. Now days it's $30 including tip.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Same girl has cut my hair for 5 years. Started at supercuts, then she got her own salon, but still charges me supercuts price because I have to go to Oakland from SF to see her. $25 incl. tip. We have a pre-scheduled every 5 week appt. Doesn't get easier than that, plus it's always consistent.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Rudy's Barbershop in Forest Grove. Been going to him for 6 years now. He does all the guys from my old Army unit and never disappoints. Used to be $10, just raised it to $11, I give him $20 and call it even.

Best part is he takes about 10 minutes to cut.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Hair? :confused:
:biggrin:
I haven't been to a barber in...man, nearly 5 years now I think.

When I did, $25 + tip I think was my max.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've been paying $20 plus tip, but I got an e-mail the other day saying the woman that cuts my hair has left. Dammit! She gave me the best haircuts I've ever had and I didn't have to tell her what to do.

about 11 years ago I did a similar thing and LISTENED to my GF. Well at HER salon for a haircut, which I paid for, cost me over a $100. I had short hair then and still do, the whole "process" took about 20 minutes..........talk about bullsht!!!

NOW............I pay MAX of $25 pre-tip! I like the majority of my haircuts. I just started going to a "men's salon" for that price I get a hot towel shave, shoulder rub and a BEER( and for the more feminine among us a manicure and pedicure if you are so inclined...........I am not). Sweet!!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I guess i'm lucky. Haircuts aren't expensive around here. The flat rate at Dollarcuts is $11. I give her a $5 tip each time because she's super fast and does a good job. I have to get mine cut every two weeks on the dot. I guess i'm kinda metro that way. But i don't get to wear a hat in the office, or i'd grow my hair all nappy. I wish having a shaved head. Might do it after i get married. Just hate growing it back out.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
My old roommate was a hairdresser. We've been friends since high school, and she cut my hair before we were roommates, and it was $50 a pop. Plenty worth it in my opinion. Catch up with an old friend, get a head massage, and my hair comes out right (ie. no hat wearing for a week to cover up my SuperCuts hack job).

When we moved in together, she got the master bedroom, and I got free hair cut/color (I used to dye my hair black/red a lot). It was a good deal.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Are you ****ting me?:twitch:
NOt at all. Every two weeks, saturday morning, 8:15am. She just writes me in and does it in 10 minutes. My hair is really thick and puffy. If i don't get it shaved up and cut, i start looking like a damn chia pet.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
My old roommate was a hairdresser. We've been friends since high school, and she cut my hair before we were roommates, and it was $50 a pop. Plenty worth it in my opinion. Catch up with an old friend, get a head massage, and my hair comes out right (ie. no hat wearing for a week to cover up my SuperCuts hack job).

When we moved in together, she got the master bedroom, and I got free hair cut/color (I used to dye my hair black/red a lot). It was a good deal.
You get your hair did all the time Mike.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
When living the the netherlands I paid $30 at a salon. The hottie included head and shoulder massages and liked to drag her tits all over me in the process. Props to the wife for finding me that place.

Now I go to an old school barber shop for $15.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I go to a crazy Chinese lady in the Excelsior District. She charges me only $10 (but I tip her $5).

She sleeps on a cot in the back of her shop, and I thinks she spends most of her money at Artichoke Joe's.

It is such a good deal I feel like I am exploiting the underclass.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Gave my wife a set of clippers and an instructional video after she bitched one time how much men's haircuts were.

No problem ever since $0

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I get one haircut a year, usually toward spring. Never have I paid more than $20 including tip. This system works out well because by the time late fall and winter rolls around, my hair is long enough to keep my neck and ears warm.

Speaking of tips though, why the **** am I tipping the haircut lady? Doesn't she make an hourly wage, unlike a server? I hate how these things work.