Quantcast

Your most-hated recurring injury?

Senorfrog

Chimp
Dec 29, 2009
My knees are always ****ed, I've walked off stress fractures in both of them and my ankle so every once in a while they just kinda go crazy with pain when I land off of a jump a little off. That any my left shoulder seems to be a tree magnet, cool looking scars and bruises though.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
any of yall ever feel like your lower back is compressed due to jumping all the time? i won't say it's just cuz i'm old cuz i used to tweak my back in my early 20's too !!

I'm in the middle of my 3rd or 4th "episode" for a swolen/bulging disk between L4 and L5. This thing SUCKS!!! When it happens for the first week or so I can't even walk or sit up it is so painful. Then the pain/pinching lingers for at least a month or more.

My regular Physical Therapy girl was out last week and the guy who was filling in told me that if I continue to ride I might as well go pick out my surgen right now bc it is only going to tear me up more and more as time goes on. It is REALLY scaring me right now.

I was doing pretty good with no issues for almost 8 months, but I did a long ride a few weeks ago and the next day I was lifting something light that I had lifted many times before and this time something tweaked out and I'm back in PT again.

My hope is that if I start to do some hard-core "core" workouts that will strengthen me up and help avoid issues in the future. It just sucks to be here in this position again where I have to go from riding 3x per week to NO rides for almost a month.

Mother #$^#*%^&@%@^&*:rant:

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
If the 3 pins and a plate I got in 2003 from a 180 down a stair set gone wrong weren't fun enough, I'm now going to physical therapy 2x a week for neck spasms that at times are debilitating. PT doesn't really work though, how many times can you go to a place just to stretch?

May 12, 2011
san antonio
shattered my right knee two weeks ago. three months of couch riding another two of rehab after that before im riding again. two surgeries and 17 screws.

Last edited:

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
So i recently developed pre patella bursitis in my left knee. It came abuot after work a few weeks ago, went to the doc but they wouldn't drain it. Shortly after I took at good slam at the trails and somehow all the swelling that was on my knee went away. It's still stiff on a daily basis and my kneecap feels more crunchy than it used to.
I really hope modern medicine keeps up with the rate I've abused my body.

pothead

Chimp
Aug 21, 2011
My ankle legaments, tore them the weekend before the PMB WC and every time i have a hard landing it hurts like hell.