Quantcast

Your Most Memorable Ride of 2015

J-Web

Chimp
Jul 2, 2015
There are still a few weeks left in 2015, but it's never too early to start reminiscing. Maybe a single lap sticks out in your memory, or perhaps you roadtripped to somewhere exotic.

When you think back on this year, which ride will be the most memorable?

For me, it would have to be riding Whistler over the summer. It was my first time there, and coming down through the fog on Top of the World and into the park was an unforgettable, albeit cliche experience.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Tough choice between two.
Antz Basin in Idaho, my wife crashed and hurt her leg ~18 miles into the wilderness on a ~36mile loop, then it started to rain, plus there was a good amount of deadfall to climb through not long after we got moving again. She's awesome and carried on though to the end of the ride and the rest of the epic rides we did that trip. Gutted the trails are now wilderness so we can't head back for her to enjoy it.

Riding with her as she raced her second ever race and first mountain century at the Shenandoah 100 this year. We finished in the dark for her first ever night riding too. Very proud.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Shoot, with all the riding I do, that is tough. I think I'd say either The Angels Staircase ride up by Winthrop, WA or the day we rode the Colorado Trail section from Copper Mtn up to Searle Pass and back.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
By far the best ride this year was a few weeks ago. A night ride in torrential downpour, with a group of 12 riders. No where too exciting or exotic, just at the local trail spot, but everyone had a blast.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Ok, I'm very late in posting..........

The Kamikaze Bike Games in Mammoth. Wifey came along, we stayed the night at the Main Lodge. Passed time in town before my start (late afternoon, for some reason). Did the clydesdale xc, and finished 3rd (second podium in 3 years, though I didn't ride the 2014 edition). Before getting my medal, I arranged for a little wife embarrassment, and was able to get on stage and re-propose to her again (we had just celebrated our 18th anniversary a few weeks earlier). Then the medal, and a great night back home.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'll play too I guess. 2015 was a disappointing year overall, both in my personal life as well as in my riding life. I only managed to get out perhaps 6 times which is a small fraction of my normal ride volume. Perhaps the best ride I was able to sneak out on was over the 4th of July holiday. It wasn't on the most amazing terrain nor did I shred it hardcore or anything like that. It was a simple 4 hour, 33 mile ride that was relaxing, self-meditating, and left me sore for days.

Mar 11, 2016
The Kamikaze Bike Games in Mammoth. Wifey came along, we stayed the night at the Main Lodge. Passed time in town before my start (late afternoon, for some reason). Did the clydesdale xc, and finished 3rd (second podium in 3 years, though I didn't ride the 2014 edition)

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
First time down wilderness roll at Windham it just kept going and going i would go around a berm thinking this has to be the end of the trail and to my surprise 2-3 more jumps followed by a berm or 2 so on and so on