Quantcast

your prefered geometry

CowboyLeo

Chimp
Feb 12, 2003
2 oh 2
Im curious as to what the axle to crown height is on trials specific forks I've looked around at alot of manufacturers sites and can never find any who list the axle to crown measurement

I'm also curious as to what head angles, bottom bracket height, top tube and chainstay length measurements you're all comfortable with
oh and stem length

your height would be helpful too

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
well for chainstays, anywhere from 15"-16"
top tube is personal choice, if you're running 15" stays, then a 22"-23" top tube is good.
Bottom bracket hight ranges anywhere from 1" drop to 0" drop, I prefer 0" drop though.
head angle is also preferance. but i like 72' head angle
fork axle top cron doesn't really matter that much, they are mostly right about the same. but a normal rigid fork is aruond 400mm, my surly is 415mm. and i know a couple guys who are riding them other than me. they are a nice cromo fork
stem length should be anywhere from 90-120. that again is personal prefrance.
hope this helps!
-Jerry

CowboyLeo

Chimp
Feb 12, 2003
2 oh 2
thanks!

and anyone's input helps even if your not riding a 'dedicated' trials bike so post your specs

mod riders too!

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
well my geometry is not made for trials, I am riding an identiti dr jekyll frame built up for trials, the frame is way too heavy(5.5lbs) and the stays are way too long to be a good trials bike(16.5-16.75 depending on tire size) bb drop with surly fork is about 1". so its definatly not a trials bike, but it works. my friend just got his desalvo frame built up, that has 15" stays, 73' head angle, 22.5" top tube, and 0 bb drop. its a sick trials frame.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Sub 15 to max 15.5 stays

about 23" top tube
bb height as high as possible!
wheel base 1080!
weight enything from 3.5 to 4.5