Quantcast

your take on 2350s

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
not in my opinion....the rims are soft as butter, no joke. they are designed to be that way.....the rims dent easy so one is less likely to get pinch flats
if your under 180 pounds though, i'd say the 1750's would be a good wheelset....it uses the 5.1 rim which in my opinion is a better a rim

dirtjumper22

Chimp
Jan 12, 2008
what if i am 160 u think the 2350s would be better cause i got 5.1s on my jackal and they seem to go out of tru pretty quick

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
please take advice from people who have ridden the wheels. i rode them last season, few races, mutliple shuttles, some jumpin and about 10 whistler days.

2 dents in the rear wheel and one in the front. i didnt get a full season on them and im gonna say if you do a lot of rough rocky or resort riding theyll last you the summer months only, or about 3 months. if your doin regular DH nothing absurdly rough you can last one season on them but thats about it, mine have been trued and maintained this season quite so that always helps. im gonna say if your gonna pay MSRP on them go for i9, will last muuuch longer and worth the extra 2-300 more.

2350 look cool, and are like butter, i think im one of the lucky ones getting mine scaved with only a few dents. i would say theres another 2 months of life in them at least.

for the record in 170 and id say i ride pretty smooth.

i would recomend i9 over these for sure. or 1750 which last incredbily better and are lighter, hehe

maybe try the new e 2200? same red, just lil lighter and i believe different rim, but not 100 percent on that

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
After 6 days in Whistler. I weigh 165lbs and haven't had any problems with other rims I've tried.

These are just two of the many. To be fair, I believe these are the first generation and from what I understand later ones were changed to make them stronger.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
dirt - how smooth are you?

Would you classify yourself as pro, semi-pro, expert, sport, am, semi-suck, suck, blow, etc.?

What is your riding style? Do you like to point and shoot i.e. "plow" through obstacles or are you a finesse rider who can pick the bike up and over obstacles and can make the bike "light" over the rough stuff"?

If you are a "plow" type rider and want to get a whole season out of your rims, I'd stay away from the DT's and maybe go with something stiffer and harder like a Mavic 721 or 823.

I had the 2350's on my 4X bike last season and rode them pretty hard. Slalom courses, jumps, some mid=sized freeride stunts, and trail riding. Not a single dent or any blemish. For the record though, I did not DH on them. They are great rims for everything except really rough and rocky terrain.

I had the 6.1's the year before on my DH bike and went thru 2 sets of wheels in one day of practice. To be fair the course was really rocky and at mach 1 speeds, but 2 sets!!!!

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
please take advice from people who have ridden the wheels. i rode them last season, few races, mutliple shuttles, some jumpin and about 10 whistler days.

2 dents in the rear wheel and one in the front. i didnt get a full season on them and im gonna say if you do a lot of rough rocky or resort riding theyll last you the summer months only, or about 3 months. if your doin regular DH nothing absurdly rough you can last one season on them but thats about it, mine have been trued and maintained this season quite so that always helps. im gonna say if your gonna pay MSRP on them go for i9, will last muuuch longer and worth the extra 2-300 more.

2350 look cool, and are like butter, i think im one of the lucky ones getting mine scaved with only a few dents. i would say theres another 2 months of life in them at least.

for the record in 170 and id say i ride pretty smooth.

i would recomend i9 over these for sure. or 1750 which last incredbily better and are lighter, hehe

maybe try the new e 2200? same red, just lil lighter and i believe different rim, but not 100 percent on that
the complete I9 wheelset and the 2350's have the same rim - 6.1s

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
Ummm...not really. On the I9 website it says 6.1 is the rim they use, but you basically custom order your wheels at I9 so you can pick any rim you want to use and they loop it for you.
well thats what I meant- the wheelset they sell is the 6.1 but yes most people usually just pick their own rim with the i9 hubs

dirtjumper22

Chimp
Jan 12, 2008
well **** the 2350s will look badass with my new anod black bullit so i say the hell with it im ordering them monday.

dirtjumper22

Chimp
Jan 12, 2008
well i cant get i9 stuff at cost so thats why i was gonna get these. trust me i would get i9 in a second if i could.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
well i cant get i9 stuff at cost so thats why i was gonna get these. trust me i would get i9 in a second if i could.
Your in for a surprise...but it didn't sound like you wanted any one's opinion to begin with.

If you haven't purchased them yet, I'd suggest Atomlab rims. You can get red anno Pimps with red spokes and nipples. That's what I have on my DJ bike, and they look just as sick as they ride. Solid rims if you ask me, and I'm not the smoothest rider (my first hardtail in years coming from 8" of squish).

dirtjumper22

Chimp
Jan 12, 2008
Your in for a surprise...but it didn't sound like you wanted any one's opinion to begin with.

If you haven't purchased them yet, I'd suggest Atomlab rims. You can get red anno Pimps with red spokes and nipples. That's what I have on my DJ bike, and they look just as sick as they ride. Solid rims if you ask me, and I'm not the smoothest rider (my first hardtail in years coming from 8" of squish).

yea but you reaaly think that they would hold up for DH cause that is all i would use them for. and do they make a 150mm rear

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
After 6 days in Whistler. I weigh 165lbs and haven't had any problems with other rims I've tried.

These are just two of the many. To be fair, I believe these are the first generation and from what I understand later ones were changed to make them stronger.

after 3 years of DH, skatepark, FR, DJs, everything, my 729s just got a single dent that size on the front rim (still in true), and I'm 200lbs with a helmet on and ride that bike lose and fast with just a wee bit of smoothness. just thought i'ld toss that out there, i've got no experince with the DTs other then a few parking lot tests, which they fell like frozen butter (stiff and smooth)

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
yea but you reaaly think that they would hold up for DH cause that is all i would use them for. and do they make a 150mm rear
Yes, and yes.

A lot of people use them for downhill...infact, before I bought these I saw the rims at a local freeride spot on a demo and asked the guy (big/heavy rider) how he liked them. He had told me they were fantastic and held up great so far.

It's better to run the Atomlabs then the 2350's when everyone's been telling you how weak they are.