Quantcast

your thoughts on the new 2002 GT Ruckus

C

crazybastard

what do you guys think of the new 2002 full suspension ruckus here check out the website GT bikes

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
you've never heard of Magura disc brakes before?

well i think its going to be a great freeride bike. easy to pedal. and not that heavy.

too bad no one has any trust in the company anymore. though i'd ride one.

C

crazybastard

that is exactly what I was thinking
but it is not a feather I have one in the shop which I work in and it rides so smooth

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by WTGPhoben
what's the deal with the slack headtube angle? from the pic on the GT website it looks like a DH angle.
With a through-axle rear end, it seems quite dh oriented all around, except for the single crown. :rolleyes:

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
me thinks it makes a good commuting-campus bike... thru axle rear is a good security against wheel theft...

:devil:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Orven
me thinks it makes a good commuting-campus bike... thru axle rear is a good security against wheel theft...

:devil:
I was actually thinking of making one into a super road bike. The thru axle would combat the shimmy that I've been reading about lately, no? :D

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Toshi

I was actually thinking of making one into a super road bike. The thru axle would combat the shimmy that I've been reading about lately, no? :D
yeah but you have to change out the disc brakes to cantis..too heavy for a road setup....uh oh...the ruckus doesn't come with brake bosses...or does it?:devil:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Orven
yeah but you have to change out the disc brakes to cantis..too heavy for a road setup....uh oh...the ruckus doesn't come with brake bosses...or does it?:devil:
If Cannondale says that city bikes should have full suspension and disc brakes, who am I to argue? :rolleyes: I've always felt that the clean lines of road bikes are, well, just too clean. Hydro hose running about would take care of that problem just fine.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Toshi

If Cannondale says that city bikes should have full suspension and disc brakes, who am I to argue? :rolleyes: I've always felt that the clean lines of road bikes are, well, just too clean. Hydro hose running about would take care of that problem just fine.

shoot.....I'll wait for the Fatty Fat 'Bad Boy' version then (Bad Boy is a registered trademark under Cannondale USA...use of the name without permission or consent from Cannondale is strictly prohibited...all rights reserved)