Quantcast

Your Used Parts and Bikes For Sale Here for the Virginia and Surrounding Areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie b

Chimp
Jul 28, 2007
Wake Forest, NC
This bike is brand new, never ridden. I was the lucky winner of the annual SORBA bike drawing. I really do not need another XC bike. Wheel World has the same bike for sale in their California stores for $1299.99. http://wheelworld.com/itemdetails.cf...gId=39&id=4286 The original price is $1899.99. I would like to get close to the WW price, but I am not out to make top dollar on this. In fact, I plan to donate a portion back to TORC/SORBA in honor of my recent luck. The bike is a 20 inch frame. I am 6’1” and it fits great. It will fit shorter and taller than me for sure. Geometry numbers can be found at http://www.konaworld.com/bikes/2k7/K...APU/index.html . If seriously interested, please contact me at bcdoubleu@earthlink.net. I am near Raleigh, NC.

The spec list from the KONA web site is as follows:
Frame tubing Kona Clump Race 7005 Butted Aluminum 4" Travel
Rear shock Fox FLOAT RP2
Fork RockShox TORA 318 AIR 100mm travel
Headset Aheadset TH-848
Crankarms RaceFace RIDE X-Type
Chainrings 44/32/22
B/B RaceFace RIDE X-Type
Pedals Shimano PD-M505 Clipless
Chain Shimano CN-HG53
Freewheel Shimano Deore (11-32t, 9speed)
F/D Shimano Deore
R/D Shimano Deore XT
Shifters Shimano Deore
Handlebar WTB CXC Riser
Stem WTB CXC
Grips Kona RACE LIGHT
Brakes HAYES HFX-9 XC W6 w/2-finger Lever
Brake Levers HAYES HFX-9 XC W6 w/2-finger Lever
Front hub KK Disc
Rear hub Shimano FH-M475 disc
Spokes 15g front and 14g rear stainless DT
Tires Maxxis IGNITOR 26x2.1
Rims Sun Black Eye
Saddle WTB Rocket V Comp
Seatpost WTB CXC
Seat clamp Kona QR

There is a picture on the South used parts thread.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
hey all. I'm looking to get the girlfriend outfitted for spring on something better than my old beat to death 97 rockhopper. its way too big for her and its just not a great bike in any case.

I'm going to take some parts I have lying around and some stuff i got her for xmas and do an overhaul in the next week, but its really just a stopgap for the winter. she loves to ride but she is not a gearhead so we don't want to drop lots of money into this bike. Not looking to build a race machine or anything, just a capable bike that can take a 4-5 inch fork.

With that said, I need to line up a cheap frame that will fit a 5-nothing 100lb girl. Should be a hardtail with vertical dropouts and disc tabs. She likes the feel of my STP, and I'd like to find her something with versatile geometry like that. If you have random extras thats great as they are almost certainly better than her current parts.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Well in preperation for my "new" downhill bike I'm trying to sell my current ride.

This is the perfect bike for a beginner who wants to get into the sport and not spend too much money.

Female owned and ridden.

Specs as follow:

2003 Ironhorse SGS DH Pro - Size Small
Rockshox Boxxer front fork w/ new enduro fork seals
Manitou Swinger 6-way rear shock with 350# spring (1 season)
Hayes Mag hydraulic brakes w 8" rotors (2 seasons)
E-13 Chain guide
Thomson Seatpost w/ salsa clamp (1 season)
Azonic seat (not shown)
FSA Extreme 165mm cranks
XT rear derailleur
Easton handlebars
ODI lock-on grips
Flat Pedals or Time ATAC (not shown)
Front wheel - 26" WTB Laserdisc DH rim w/ Laserdisc DH hub, Maxxis Minion 2.5 3c tire
Rear wheel - 24" Sun Ringle Rhinolite Rim, Kenda Nevegal 2.5" DH tire

Picture does not show shock or seatpost upgrade and all frame stickers have been removed. More pictures available upon request.

Bike located in Richmond, Virginia.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
Fork and wheel for sale

Fox Float RL 130mm, wheel has a Sun SOS rim with specialized stout hub quick release, both brand new never ridden.

I have pics and can email them.

i-ride

Monkey
May 12, 2006
Frederick
Need a hardtail frame to build up as town-bike. Something of the mid-90s variety would do just fine. Need between 17.5 and 19" in size. V or disc, doesn't matter. ping me: brizn at comcast dot net

I also have a 94 GT Tempest frame @ 21" for trade or to good home. Pics on request.

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
YO, I'm selling my 07 Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC. It has maybe 8 rides on it. Why am I selling it you ask. Too small. It is the SXC 70 Model with the TALAS 36 RC2. It does not have the crappier fork. It has the best. It also has a Diablous bar and Folding Kenda Nevegal's front and rear. Any other questions email me at jw@shenandoahbicycle.com I'll get some pics up soon $2300.00 not negotiable so don't waste your time and mine. Later homeys

F5000sl

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
Richmond
07 Med El Mariachi Frame/Fork/Stem combo.
I have a 07 El Mariachi Frame/fork/stem combo for sale in all blue including a Blue Ano seatpost collar.
This is the color matched combo that you can only get when buying the complete bike!
The frame & fork are all OX Platinum series steel with a Bushnell EBB.

I bought this second frame/fork/stem from the owner of the LBS, then bought a Dos and with already owning one El Mar, I no longer need two.

I paid $620 and I'm asking the same, but I am also adding in:
Salsa 11* Alum bars

Salsa Seatpost
Salsa Grips
And a New CaneCreek Headset.

Titus SwitchBlade Frame (med)
When build up with X-9/XT was about 26lbs.
It climbs awesome and descends even better, I've just moved on to 29" stuff.
Pushed Fox shock (<100 mls on it)
Pivot Bearings (<200 mls)
No dings, no dents
Asking $550 obo (And offers are welcome!)

2005 Scalpel 3000 w/Lefty 110mm(Complete Bike, size L)
This bike is my wife's bike and comes in around 24lbs.
I will give many options on this buy so you can have the bike you want.

What's coming with it:
~Cranks & BB = UB-6500 Splined with 2 ring C'dale cranks (Ultra light, rings (<150mls)
~Thomson Seatpost
~Mike Garcia rear wheel: WTB LaserLite/Velocity VXC rim, front: C'dale hub w/DS1 rim
~Hayes Hydro HFX 9's brakes
~Frnt drlr: XTR
~2 sets of tires, WTB Weirwolf Race & IRC Beartrackers
~WTB seat
~ 2 seatpost clamps, one C'dale flip, on C'dale bolt
~ Cassette SRAM (most likely 970, <100mls)
~ Chain SRAM 990 (<100 mls)

Options:
~Shifters: SRAM Grip, X-9 triggers, Shimano XT triggers
~Rear Derlr: X-9 or XTR
~Handlebar: Easton Carbon Flat or Carbon riser

** The bike is build using SRAM grips / X-9, so anything else might require new cables
** Fork and Rear RP3 rebuilt <6mo ago and it's been sitting since Sept when she got her Dos 29r.)
We have the fork rebuilt at C'dale at least once a year, so its well maintained and hold air for months at a time.
** No dents or dings and everything was bought new by us.

Retail is well into the 3k range, asking $1800 obo.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Status
Not open for further replies.