Quantcast

You're park update

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Boneyard is coming along. They already have the dirt moved for all the booters in the BikerX. Yes...the stepdown that they opened up at the end of last year, is there again.

Aline was in perfect condition today. Alot of the lips and berms have been re-shaped. It was super smooth all the way down.

I am guessing that Dirt Merchant could be a no go, at this stage. Today there was a foot of snow, on the connector trail that takes you from the top of the chair to the start of DM. There was also snow down into the first berm. After that, I am not sure. There is a ton of snow to move, to make that trail rideable. Getting to it was a pain.

Schleyer, Joyride and Crack are all clear, but wet. Heart Of Darkness is clear and tacky.

Forcast is for rain all weekend, with the sun coming back out on Monday.

First chair up is at 9am.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
THANK YOU NETGUY! Us Seattlites really appreciate your updates as we like to feel connected to whats going on up there!!! Can't wait for my first run down A-line!!!

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
posted by ash today

The weather has been perfect for riding, and the park conditions, are even better. I managed to scrape in 4 quick laps today. I love riding the rough, technical stuff, however Chris (Armstrong) was egging me on to hit A-Line. After we got half way down, what was supposed to be a casual warm up style run (they never are), I discovered why he was so persistant. Aline was just butter today. Its in perfect shape. On the next chair up, we didn’t even have to have the "What are we going to hit now discussion". Enough said there.

Dirt Merchant is still not open. When I pushed up a couple of days before the park opened, there was a foot of snow from the top of Fitz, along the connector trail, and down into the first berm of DM. Lets hope they have it open soon.

Schleyer has had a little dirt added, and is in fantastic condition, and Lower Joyride is drying out, and only has a couple of sketchy sections left.

Upper Whistler Downhill still has snow on the trail after the first step-up, through the 2 high speed corners, however after that, its great.

The surprise of the day, had to be Heart of Darkness. It's prime right now, and looks like it has had some work done, in the last couple of days. Dirt has been added to several sections. I don’t ride that trail as much as I should.

The rumor of the day (which comes from an excellent source), suggests that Crack Addict is getting a rebuild, about 20 yards to the right of the trail that we know now.

Later.

Ash