Quantcast

"You've just won a 100 Grand!"

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Since when will 100k buy you all this, "Before her family went to sleep that night, Gill says, she promised her children — ages 1, 5 and 11 — that they'd have a minivan, a shopping spree, a savings account and a home with a back yard."

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Sherpa said:
Since when will 100k buy you all this, "Before her family went to sleep that night, Gill says, she promised her children — ages 1, 5 and 11 — that they'd have a minivan, a shopping spree, a savings account and a home with a back yard."

No kidding. After taxes you'd be lucky to get the minivan and some new school clothes for the kids. Assuming they shop for clothes at Mervyn's and not FUBU or Hillfiger.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
You guys must be financially challenged. You don't pay cash in full for a house and a car, you pay down payments. That money could certainly be used for a 10% or 20% down payment on a home, often the barrier to getting into a home. Your wives must manage your finances.

:nuts:

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
0 down first time buyer loans, 0 down financing on cars etc. If one can make the payments one can find a way to buy a car or home. Id bet a 100 Grand that this woman can't and a $50k windfall would not have solved that.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
O&A did this like 7-8 years ago in Boston. Id wager that first .wav is from that clip. It was a pretty good lead up, the dude was pissed. However, back in the day, I guess people had a better sence of humor and no lawsuits ensued

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Velocity Girl said:
Oh my gosh...I listened to another of the audio files on that site....:eek:!!!

"A girl goes on a radio show called He Loves me, he loves me not and finds out something interesting about her boyfriend."

http://www.nearlygood.com/audio/lovesmenot.html

Ahahaha!
I love it when some dirtbag gets caught cheating on their spouse/SO. Special place in hell for those types of folks.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Velocity Girl said:
Oh my gosh...I listened to another of the audio files on that site....:eek:!!!

"A girl goes on a radio show called He Loves me, he loves me not and finds out something interesting about her boyfriend."

http://www.nearlygood.com/audio/lovesmenot.html

ahhaha, I've heard that before. very simallar anyways. it was the same DJ as well, but I heard it locally. 'bout 7 or so years ago.

Busted!.... :eviltongu

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Damn True said:
Ahahaha!
I love it when some dirtbag gets caught cheating on their spouse/SO. Special place in hell for those types of folks.
Not to mention the individuals, like this dude, who are caught red-handed and still try to lie their way out of it....give me a break! But then again they already have a pattern of behaviour of lying so what's a few more on top it?