Quantcast

YT DH Bike 12.12.12 Low Budget DH Bike with some Cool Parts.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
At $3899.60 its very tempting just for the parts

Tues Downhill Aktion 2012 -2013XXXX

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=268

Google translation below

Note: Limited special edition! Only available in limited quantity on 12.12.2012 on this page! Availability while stocks last!

Our TUES toilet Limited project is now in its third round. The base of the 2013er Limited Bikes our award-winning TUES is 2.0 framework.

With his New School Race geometry, the variable wheelbase and V4L kinematics he was predestined when it comes to building the ultimate downhill bike.

After many believed (and sometimes we) that we had with the 2012 model already reached the end of the story, we are now extremely proud with the 2013er model to forking out even. Thanks to the cooperation with the company BOS suspension and E13 we have managed to put a bike on the wheels that there will be such an equipment are no more likely to buy.

Equipment highlights

BOS Idylle RaRe Air suspension fork
BOS Stoy shock RaRe
E13 LG1 + hub wheelset with carbon and scandium rim
E13 LG1R Downhill crank and chain guide
Sram XO rear derailleur and shifter / brake Avid XO Trail
Renthal stem and handlebars

The spring rate of the damper is adjusted to your personal weight and riding style. Another highlight will be, as usual, in the World Cup, placed stickers with your name and your country's flag on the frame. Thus, a truly unique personally tailored for you!

How it works:

On 12.12.2012 at 0.00 clock the TUES will open 2.0 LTD bike in our online store. You now have the chance to order the bike.
Note: The email you receive immediately after your order is merely a confirmation of your receipt of order and no order confirmation! Since we expect this action with an increased volume, we can only after the action (12/12/12 at 24.00 clock) send the actual order confirmation, which will not be guaranteed by the Tues 2.0 LTD. This happens within the next 24 hours.
From this moment your order is binding and the payment must be received within 10 days with us, otherwise we will have to cancel your order, unfortunately. Since the bike to your personal height and weight, as well as with your name and country flag is produced individually for you, as we can only accept payment in advance. This bike is then excluded from the exchange! Our standard warranty terms and conditions of which, of course, unaffected.
As some parts of the bike must be made according to your personal and individual requirements, this includes of course a certain production time until your TUES can be delivered. The shipping your bike is thus a month March 2013. An exact date you will receive 3 weeks before delivery.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Their site works in english too:
http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=268&x565bd=n9ntgr3n7atg9sfpq5h44u8489u148j1

It's a sick deal. When I'll have some free cash I'm really tempted to get the 150/150mm ripper. Pace/DT fork is an awesome idea.
There still seems to be quite a bit of hate for Pace forks on the internet, I had an old(06-07) Pace fork and good lord was it a piece of crap! Bike Radar didn't like the 100mm fork- http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/review-canyon-nerve-mr-90sl-12-46166

But the DH bike looks like amazing value!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
There still seems to be quite a bit of hate for Pace forks on the internet, I had an old(06-07) Pace fork and good lord was it a piece of crap! Bike Radar didn't like the 100mm fork- http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/review-canyon-nerve-mr-90sl-12-46166

But the DH bike looks like amazing value!

Thier 140mm am fork gathered some praize in the day. Though worse case scenario I'd buy it and put my 44rc3 ti on it and probably be up like 500$ if not more.

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
i dont think they look like Lapierres either....unbeatable value though these bikes. Got my Tues letd ordered last night.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Making such offer "unlimited" would be similar, to what Kross did with Sign... you know what was the result...
Nope, I don't. I doubt they loose money on the bike. The real problem may be production capabilities of some of the smaller companies that put components on the bike. Too much delays and you can end up with a PR nightmare.

Still there is the top model Canyon that is unlimited and goes for 700 eur more. Still amazing value

Last edited:

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
Last year they promised every order gets their bike and you could order for nearly 24 hours. Then they probably had over 530 orders and either the frame manufacturer couldn't handle it or some of the part-providers namely mavic had problems to provide the parts. This is why some guys had to wait almost 8 months for their bike.

Now they limited the offer and have a two months tighter delivery-time so I think they learned from last year.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Interesting business model its always great to see people who try to innovate. Best advice to anybody who buys mountain bikes is do not sell your old bike before the new one arrives.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
still, waiting 6 months for a bike after its been paid in full is for suckers
Well I'm ok with that when it's in the off-season. Before march almost no bikeparks are open over here. So if they deliver in march everything should be allright for most people. June sucked big time last year because I had to borrow a bike for two races and couldn't train much but I hope they have learned their lesson.

And yeah, paying twice the money for a similar specced bike sounds more stupid to me as buying the tues and paying the bike-holiday with the money I got from the deemax. This years parts have even more value.

Last edited:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
still, waiting 6 months for a bike after its been paid in full is for suckers
can't blame them, if you could get away with getting 1.5 million Euros(assuming 500 sold bikes) from your customers for free (no interest rates) to fund your seasonal (summer business) company over the winter. Who wouldn't do this? :D

spes

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
I ordered one. Biking season in here starts late april - may, so I think I will get it in time.

spes

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
Anyone on forum riding TuEs 2.0 LTD? I have one and trying to figure out rear suspension (Bos Stoy RaRe). Coming from factory it had very fast rebound and quite much dampening. I slowed rebound 3 clicks and took of 2 clicks of slow speed damp and 3 clicks hi speed damp. It still feels quite harsh over roots and rocks and when landing big jump/drop. What settings are you using?

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
Try more rebound till traction gets worse. A few clicks back and you'll have your sweetspot. LSC should be used to control ride-height and wallow. HSC to tackle fast impacts so you can take compression out and then increase it slowly according to your need/track.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
spes -
Please update us on how the harshness issue goes over roots / rocks / drops. I had the exact same symptoms with my regular Stoy in stock guise, it sounds like the RaRe may be doing similar things in low leverage (thus high shaft speed) frames. I had to use firmer rebound valving and softer compression valving, both internally, to make the shock bearable.

I would suggest trying both HSC and LSC fully open (counter-clockwise) for one run to see if the harshness goes away. If it does not, then there is a problem.

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
I would be very surprised if a stock bike with stock damping had an issue like a fundamental mismatch of damper and frame, unless you are physically very different from mr average, I.e you weight <50kg or >120kg or ride significant faster/slower from average (<4mph or > Gwinny!).

Udis idea is sound, run with zero compression (keep some rebound on but not so much it packs down) and let us know how you get on.

spes

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
I opened both HSC and LSC and rode it few times. Harshness was gone but shock went trough travel very easily. I started to add compressions and finally tried recommended settings again which felt pretty good. Not smoothest but very much in control and tracking ground well. I guess rebeund have to be quite fast on this shock to make it perform good. Spring is 275 and I weight 85 kg. Definately not riding Gwin speeds.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Is it only me or was last year better with BOS + e13 wheels. Also it is ugly as hell. Same for Canyon. Their team riders got a pimp paintjob and their stock top model is horrible.

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
after the shenanigans of last years launch, I wouldnt even entertain the idea of dealing with those guys, sorry.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
A lot of peeps got an acknowledgement of the online made order but only a few got the bike.

To me it was reasonable. After the debacle of 2011 when they delivered the bikes during May and June of 2012 because of too much bikes ordered, last year they decided to go the limited route. And we knew it before ordering.
What we don't know is how they chose the peeps who got the bike.

A lot of people got butthurt this way.

Agree on the color side of things. Why the hell manufacturers don't go with simple paintjobs a la Intense, Knolly etc. is beyond me. This kind of stuff costseven more!

I like the spec. Reliable parts from companys easy to deal with.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
A lot of peeps got an acknowledgement of the online made order but only a few got the bike.

To me it was reasonable. After the debacle of 2011 when they delivered the bikes during May and June of 2012 because of too much bikes ordered, last year they decided to go the limited route. And we knew it before ordering.
What we don't know is how they chose the peeps who got the bike.

A lot of people got butthurt this way.

Agree on the color side of things. Why the hell manufacturers don't go with simple paintjobs a la Intense, Knolly etc. is beyond me. This kind of stuff costseven more!

I like the spec. Reliable parts from companys easy to deal with.
Yeah but the guys who didn't get the ltd got a discount on the top model. A friend had the non ltd top model 200 or 400 eur off (Don't remember). Still a good deal on a bike that is equiped with air bos front and back.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Yeah but the guys who didn't get the ltd got a discount on the top model. A friend had the non ltd top model 200 or 400 eur off (Don't remember). Still a good deal on a bike that is equiped with air bos front and back.
I didn't know that.
Sounds to me that everyone should shut up and accept that this company does it right, even if it's one of the cheapest (moneywise!) direct selling company out there.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
The weird thing with yt is that they have a cs like some self-accclaimed "premium"-brands should have yet get **** from fanboys of these brands for selling bikes for half the price they paid. Well maybe that isn't weird at all...

Is it only me or was last year better with BOS + e13 wheels. Also it is ugly as hell. Same for Canyon. Their team riders got a pimp paintjob and their stock top model is horrible.
The pantjobs are usually growers if you see them irl. The spec is cool as always but personally I'm only interested in the fork because I could avoid the oil-bath chaos for re-shimming my 888. I think the shock is crazy light for a coil shock but I doubt it will be better than my ccdb. Rest is the same as 2012.

Teh 2013 was the best deal if you consider retail reselling value but the bos and e.13-parts caused a lot of problems.