- Renthal Integra DM stem + Fatbar

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
It is for sure.
Just the Bos parts cost alone about 2600€...:shocked:

Actually I am somewhat speechless.

This time you can buy the bike for parts. Luckily no custom anodizing.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That thing makes me seriously reconsider my "you will stop spending cash on parts unless you have to" resolution

mlin32

Chimp
Apr 12, 2012
WNC
They have 18% sales taxes but that's included in the price and you don't pay that if the bike gets shipped outside of germany.
Mostly correct. Like most countries, the price you see is what you pay, the 19% VAT is included. If you're in Switzerland (not part of the EU), then the VAT is deducted and one pays the tax for CH. Seeing as how they don't ship outside the EU or CH, that's all there is to it.

If you're one of the lucky few outside those areas (like me) that purchase one of those, you will have to pay the 19% German VAT rate included in the price. I contacted various folks to see if it was possible to refund the VAT upon proper documentation but the simple answer is "No". I don't mind paying taxes but wasn't interested in double-taxation, which is probably what would happen if you shipped it to the United States or Canada. I brought it with me on a plane, declared its value, and the customs agent just waved me through. So I was fine with that part.

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
Mostly correct. Like most countries, the price you see is what you pay, the 19% VAT is included. If you're in Switzerland (not part of the EU), then the VAT is deducted and one pays the tax for CH. Seeing as how they don't ship outside the EU or CH, that's all there is to it.

If you're one of the lucky few outside those areas (like me) that purchase one of those, you will have to pay the 19% German VAT rate included in the price. I contacted various folks to see if it was possible to refund the VAT upon proper documentation but the simple answer is "No". I don't mind paying taxes but wasn't interested in double-taxation, which is probably what would happen if you shipped it to the United States or Canada. I brought it with me on a plane, declared its value, and the customs agent just waved me through. So I was fine with that part.
Did you mention that you were importing it? If you simply told him the value of the bike and not say anything about it being an import, that's a false declaration! :P

mlin32

Chimp
Apr 12, 2012
WNC
Did you mention that you were importing it? If you simply told him the value of the bike and not say anything about it being an import, that's a false declaration! :P
Honestly, the guy at ORD had never heard of anyone importing a bike before ("Do we even assess duty on bikes?"), and pointed me to the "items to declare" line. The person at that station spent about 45 secs looking up what it would be and then just said "exit's to your left".

Hey, I paid my share of taxes to Germany, I'm not interested in double-taxation.