Quantcast

yummy..Kar-Bone!!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Acadian said:
nope...no rocks in Cali :rolleyes: ;)
None up here in Santa Rosa, nope. Especially none of those big rocks that hide in the grass next to the trail waiting for a low swinging crank arm. Nope, none of those.

BTW - I hate carbon, but those are kinda cool.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
H8R said:
None up here in Santa Rosa, nope. Especially none of those big rocks that hide in the grass next to the trail waiting for a low swinging crank arm. Nope, none of those.

BTW - I hate carbon, but those are kinda cool.
yeah what's up with places that have names like "Rockville"?? must be some sort of joke!

yeah I'm not the biggest fan of Carbon either, reason why I don't run Carbon bars. But decided to give these a try anyway..the X.0 shifters are SOOOOO nice!

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Those brake levers and shifters looks so good...Mmmmm....carbon.

Don't know why everybody gets so uptight with carbon. I ran, still running, a carbon bike all over the East coast (from West Va. all the way down to Florida) and now in California with no issues. And trust me, I've wrecked it plenty of times on rocks.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Joe Pozer said:
Those brake levers and shifters looks so good...Mmmmm....carbon.

Don't know why everybody gets so uptight with carbon. I ran, still running, a carbon bike all over the East coast (from West Va. all the way down to Florida) and now in California with no issues. And trust me, I've wrecked it plenty of times on rocks.
:stupid:

I ran a carbon bike from '96 until '03. The trip into the garage finally broke it. :eek:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I'm not real sure how lukes bikes stay so nice.

even when he wrecks they still look perfect.

I'm thinking a forcefield...Any takers?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
chicodude said:
I'm not real sure how lukes bikes stay so nice.

even when he wrecks they still look perfect.

I'm thinking a forcefield...Any takers?
Easy - you simply have to make sure you take pics right after installing the new goodies and always use those pics ;)

I rode Mr. Toads with Kevin on Saturday...took a nasty spill near the end = snapped SDG saddle and scuffed Carbon Juicy's. I can attest that the carbon levers fair pretty good in crashed against rocks

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Acadian said:
. I can attest that the carbon levers fair pretty good in crashed against rocks
I think you crashed in one of the only places there really aren't any rocks, just nic soft spungy tree trunks.

Maybe I didn't notice them because of my future shock rear suspension which has a vertical axle path and is completely neutral under pedaling and braking forces.

kicknitLivE

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Boulder
whats the price total of just the shifters and brakes? The best is nice, but these days it seems hard to justify. My X-7 shifters have worked awesome for me on my dirt jumper.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
kicknitLivE said:
whats the price total of just the shifters and brakes? The best is nice, but these days it seems hard to justify. My X-7 shifters have worked awesome for me on my dirt jumper.
X.0 Trigger shifters = approx. $250
Juicy Carbon = approx. $270 each

Total = around $790

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i still think a force field is a definate possibility. When you bring that sucker up here for some epic XC rides, we'll go thru some wholesome PNW mud, if that bikey is clean at the end, then the theory will be proven.:dancing: :oink:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
how do you like the x0 shifter for the front derailleur? when i was testing them out on a bike at my shop i didnt like how it was a click when upshifting, it just seems like you have to have the derailleur just perfect to get it to shift fine. ill take an x0 for the rear and an x9 for the front.